Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ban - Will it be uplifted?

• 05-08-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Below is the email I sent both mods in Music, Basq and Scien, havent heard back from them, I sent them PMs in early July. Maybe you can take a look?

Thanks.

I think it's time I was allowed back into Music, it has been over 3 months since my initial 3 month ban. I have no complaints about this ban, it was deserved fair and square.

I was then banned permanently for 'opening duplicate accounts'. Funny story actually......

I have an 18 year old brother who, like me, has a passion for Gallagher music. To be honest I didn't even know he was on boards until I got a PM about the duplicate accounts. At this point I realized it was him, he loves fishing (username: fishy123) and he is recently turned 18 (username: supersonic1993).

He thought it would be funny to troll, I warned him against being a tit, but of course he didn't listen. You know how young lads fresh out of the Leaving are, very immature etc.

Obviously I confronted him and told him he was a creep. I also explained the ethics of boards and thanked him for getting me banned permanently. It's probably best to keep him banned, however I feel I have a case to be let back in.....

...So, any chance of getting back in? I only have one boards account - Live4ever. Please feel free to delete any other accounts that may be linked to my home IP address.

In my defence, I haven't gotten any other warnings or bans in other forums, and I think I left an acceptable time between my ban and request for re-entry into Music.

I hope you can find it in your heart to 'un-ban' me.

Thanks for your time mate.

Live4ever

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Guys,

Any update?? I haven't heard anything back....

Thread located here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71046322

Thanks,

Live4ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I am waiting to get input from everyone concerned but as things stand there is no objection to the ban being lifted but we as moderators have no way of verifying if what you wrote is true so that will require admin verification I believe.

If your ban is lifted we will of course be expecting you to behave yourself.

Malice wrote: »
    I am waiting to get input from everyone concerned but as things stand there is no objection to the ban being lifted but we as moderators have no way of verifying if what you wrote is true so that will require admin verification I believe.

If your ban is lifted we will of course be expecting you to behave yourself.

My story is true, I'm sure a little investigation can clear it up? The fact is I haven't been any trouble barr that one post!

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Okay, in the interests of clarity, I have no objection to the ban being lifted, Basq has no objection to the ban being lifted and I haven't heard back from Heisenberg yet.

Can we get this escalated to an admin to review?

Malice wrote: »
    Okay, in the interests of clarity, I have no objection to the ban being lifted, Basq has no objection to the ban being lifted and I haven't heard back from Heisenberg yet.

Can we get this escalated to an admin to review?

I'm still banned....... :confused: Any update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Live4Ever wrote: »
    I'm still banned....... :confused: Any update?

My apologies. This appears to have fallen through the cracks.

Ban has been lifted.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    My apologies. This appears to have fallen through the cracks.

Ban has been lifted.

Thank you!

Advertisement