Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza's from the silver citreon

Options
  • 05-08-2011 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Howdy folks
    Anyone tried one of these yet?
    They're parked down by where Fogarty's garage used to be.
    I highly recommend them,delicious,prepared quickly and nice people too :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I've seen them at various markets around dublin - they have a proper clay oven in that thing, haven't tried them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Are these the pizzas out of the van in the small car park?

If so, they look delicious. However I think it would be a good idea for them to sell individual slices as they build their business in Greystones - I'd buy a slice on a walk but a whole pie is a bit of a commitment on first try. They'd easily sell them, and make more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

I've gotten pizzas from there a couple of times - they are really tasty - will def be going there again. I think they can even be hired out for events - great business idea and I hope they do well!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jungledrums

Tried one of their pizzas. Nice and different

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Are they expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 jungledrums

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Are they expensive?
    Start at €9 and go to €12 if I remember correctly. Better than the other place up the road. real wood burning oven too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

They seem reasonable so will give them a try on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Where exactly are they and how often are they there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

They are parked in the Watson & Johnson Centre car park. Located between the Library and the South Beach entrance. They are there most evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dubjackeen

They are open Tuesday to Sunday from 17:00 to 21:30. Yummy pizzas. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Thanks folks. As a relative blow-in (been here 3 yrs now) I didn't know where fogartys used to be! ;-) Drove past that end of town yesterday and did indeed see the citroen. Looking forward to trying out of their pies tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Thanks folks. As a relative blow-in (been here 3 yrs now) I didn't know where fogartys used to be! ;-)

I've been living in Greystones on and off for over 30 years and I don't remember Fogarty's either...

Mr. Huggard and Mr. Fogarty took over Watson and Johnson's garage and then developed it into what it is now but it is still known as the Watson and Johnson centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 videos

Fogartys garage....just down the road from The Copper kettle ?!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

videos wrote: »
    Fogartys garage....just down the road from The Copper kettle ?!

No there used to be a Small Esso where the Watson and Johnston Center Carpark is now, He's parked up in there.

No there used to be a Small Esso where the Watson and Johnston Center Carpark is now, He's parked up in there.

Thats correct, just down from where the Copper Kettle used to be which is Vino Pasta now. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Thats correct, just down from where the Copper Kettle used to be which is Vino Pasta now. :)

LOL must be to Young to Remember :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Got two Pizzas there this evening, yummy! Better than any other pizzas available in Greystones. Lovely couple running it too. Two thumbs up from my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

That's it ,we're having Pizza tonight !

Funny you guys not knowing where Fogartys was !

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Delicious and very nice people ... yummy yummy ...:)

They are on FB - Gaillot & Gray Wood Fired Pizza. They said they will post on there if they have a prior gig and will not be in Greystones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Delicious and very nice people ... yummy yummy ...:)

They are on FB - Gaillot & Gray Wood Fired Pizza. They said they will post on there if they have a prior gig and will not be in Greystones.

Just found them - You can ring in an order which is pretty cool

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gaillot-Gray-Wood-Fired-Pizza/136352153111173?sk=wall

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Had a chance to try one on Saturday evening. Seemed to be... missing something.

They have chilli oil. Chilli doesn't agree with the OH so we had to pass on it. Maybe that's what it was missing. I don't think a little seasoning would go astray though... we added some ground black pepper it was scrumptious.

We had the number 2. Can't remember what was on it :o (onions, cheese, ham... some other stuff)

The seasoning certainly didn't put us off though. We'll go back, definitely.

6148083540_3a5b2cc8e2_z.jpg
    Pizza Van by pixbyjohn, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

Very yummy pizzas, not sure why I waiting so long to go.

Advertisement