Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Colouring in Toni and Guy

• 05-08-2011 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭

I know there are loads of threads on hair dye! But I'm a complete newbie to this world and would appreciate a bit more advice .

I used to henna my hair (Lush's Caca Marron) and loved the colour it gave, but I got so annoyed with the effort/smell/stained towels and collars that I let it grow out. I'm bored of my natural colour and I'm seriously considering a change. Toni and Guy on Clarendon St offer a reasonable enough price (I think?) for a cut and colour, around €65-€67.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences to share about this salon? Good reviews, bad reviews, regarding colour or cut or both. If it helps, I have natural brown hair with mild auburn and blond undertones, and I'm thinking of going a mahogany/slightly more reddish colour.

I live and work around the D2/D4 area, so if anyone would recommend another salon above T&G in these areas I'm open to suggestion too. Price is a factor of course, but I'd be willing to pay a bit more if I thought the quality would be worth it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

If I was still going to a salon to get my colour done I'd go here.

From past experiences I've never had any kind of a problem with them.

They are expensive but I think it's worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Thanks, SB, that's really good to know :) would €65 be expensive for a cut and colour? I haven't seen many salons offering a cut for less than €50 (with the exeption of Peter Marks who often do 20% off deals), so I kind of assumed a cut and colour would be much more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

It depends what kind of colour your going for.

For an all over colour that doesn't seem too bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

If you are near Toni and Guy in Sandymount, I would recommend their colour technician Amanda. Very talented colourist. Keep an eye out for citydeals because T & G do them occasionally.

I'm not far from samdymount; didn't even realise there was a T&G there! Thanks :)

• Advertisement

Quick update in case anyone was interested in a review! Got my hair coloured a lovely mahogany colour; dark purple/brown with hints of red. I loves it :D

The cheap colour being offered by T&G in town wasn't being offered in Sandymount, which was a little disappointing but the quality of work done and the friendliness of each staff member more than made it worthwhile! I'll definitely go back to them, and would recommend them without hesitation.

Amanda wasn't there to do my colour, I got a guy called Dave. Absolutely lovely guy and did a great job :) He also dried my hair along with the stylist; I've never experienced 2 people blowdrying at the same time! Impressive team work ;)

I feel all pretty now :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

That's really great to here, your hair sounds lovely.. post a picture please :)

I've been to T&G twice and I did enjoy the service I received, I'm looking up hairstyles and colours the past couple of days and might go to them when I decide what I want :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Delighted it all went well for you. Enjoy your new hair !

I'll put up a pic when I have makeup on; I don't want to distract you all with the giant undereye shadows I'm currently sporting ;)

Advertisement