Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom bill query

Options
  • 05-08-2011 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭

Hi

I got my new eircom bill today, and im as confused as hell, I signed up for the new 39.99 per month next gen broad band but seem to be gettin charged for that and some talktime chatter package as well??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi

I got my new eircom bill today, and im as confused as hell, I signed up for the new 39.99 per month next gen broad band but seem to be gettin charged for that and some talktime chatter package as well??

Hi, thanks for your query.

Can you PM your home phone or eircom Account number and I can check this for you.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I have a similar issue with a bill I got a couple of days ago.Its my first proper monthly bill with Eircom and I'm getting charged a connection fee and an Eircom talktime chatter package onto the bill I had expected to pay.I don't even have a phone:confused:

The deal I signed up for was:

Up to 24Mb broadband
    €47.99(With 69euro off-online ordering)
    Download speed of up to 24Mb
    Unlimited usage allowance
    Line rental not included

I was also told over the phone that as my house has had a phone line in the last year I wouldn't have to pay line rental for 6 months,Then only half for another 3 months,Then the full line rental for the final 3 months.My bill was described by the operator as being 36 for the 1st 6 months,Then 46 for 3 months an then 70 for 3.I presumed those figures excluded VAT.

Yet today I got a bill for 87.62!Not only this but now apparently I only have a 75gb usage allowance?Its basically a bill to a completely different account that I never agreed to with Eircom or any other service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

bradlente wrote: »
    I have a similar issue with a bill I got a couple of days ago.Its my first proper monthly bill with Eircom and I'm getting charged a connection fee and an Eircom talktime chatter package onto the bill I had expected to pay.I don't even have a phone:confused:

The deal I signed up for was:

Up to 24Mb broadband
    €47.99(With 69euro off-online ordering)
    Download speed of up to 24Mb
    Unlimited usage allowance
    Line rental not included

I was also told over the phone that as my house has had a phone line in the last year I wouldn't have to pay line rental for 6 months,Then only half for another 3 months,Then the full line rental for the final 3 months.My bill was described by the operator as being 36 for the 1st 6 months,Then 46 for 3 months an then 70 for 3.I presumed those figures excluded VAT.

Yet today I got a bill for 87.62!Not only this but now apparently I only have a 75gb usage allowance?Its basically a bill to a completely different account that I never agreed to with Eircom or any other service.

Hi bradlente,

Thanks for contacting eircom on Boards.

I will look into your query if you can PM your home phone or eircom Account number.

Cheers,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

ive stopped my direct debit with eircom,can i pay the bill in the post office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

horse7 wrote: »
    ive stopped my direct debit with eircom,can i pay the bill in the post office.

Hi horse7,

Yes if you bring a copy of your bill to the post office they can take a payment for your eircom account.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

do i have to inform eircom ive stopped direct debits now i am paying in the post office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

horse7 wrote: »
    do i have to inform eircom ive stopped direct debits now i am paying in the post office.
    Hi horse7
    yes you should contact eircom to advise of this to avoid a direct debit request or double payments.
    You should call 1901 or email us at directdebit@eircom.ie to do this.
    Hope this answers your query.
    Tony

Advertisement