Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I find out my PRTB number

Options
  • 05-08-2011 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I moved into a house with three other people a month ago. I am currently applying for job seakers allowance and was told I need to give my PRTB number. I have a rental contract but this was done with the tenant who has lived there the longest and sublets the house. She organises all bills and issues relating to the Landlord, I have never had contact with the landlord.

My rental contract states the following under the heading landlord's covenants: The landlord shall register this Tenancy Agreement with the Private Residential Tenancies Board as required under the Residential Tenancies Act 2004.'

So my question is would I be registered because I am just a sub letter? And if so how can I find out the PRTB number as I have no contact with the landlord?

I have had a look at the PRTB website but have had no joy with it and I will ask the person who sublets (she is currently away on holiday.)

Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Have you spoken to the person who sub lets about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 karenpk

No, shes away at the moment for a few days but Im going to ask when she gets back. I just wanted to see if there was any other way to find it out. To be honest I've never heard about PRTB before so I dont know anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

karenpk wrote: »
    No, shes away at the moment for a few days but Im going to ask when she gets back. I just wanted to see if there was any other way to find it out. To be honest I've never heard about PRTB before so I dont know anything about it.

You usually receive your PRTB number in a letter from the PRTB confirming that your tenancy has been registered.
    You should have had it by now so the tenancy is probably not registered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Zamboni wrote: »
    You usually receive your PRTB number in a letter from the PRTB confirming that your tenancy has been registered.
    You should have had it by now so the tenancy is probably not registered.
    Sorry to barge into your thread op...

We gave our PPS numbers for the PRTB when signing the lease but never received a letter? Would it have been sent to the letting agent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭sophia25

Hi Karen,
    Unfortunately your landlord is the head tenant and as she shares the property with you, you are merely a licensee. This means you don't have protection of Residential Tenancies Act and you are not registered with the PRTB. Nevertheless if you provide proof of payment of rent and contract if signed, the welfare office should accept it as legally you do not need to be registered with the PRTB but you are still legitimately renting.

Wildcat if you phone PRTB on Monday and get onto registrations they can confirm if you are registered. The no. is 01 6350600 and then option 1, option 1. If you quote your pps number, they can let you know immediately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement