Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online course or college

Options
  • 05-08-2011 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

hey do

1. online courses get much recognition as opposed to attending a college ?

2. can you recommend a college that lets you learn from home and just go in once a while to do tests etc

i'm working a 3 day week and have a partner and baby and i would like to plan for my future ( should have done it ages ago ) so i can't go full time and can only go part-time if 2 days a week or something in the evening.

also whats the best courses for learning IT and Web Design ??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭heidi_ho

Hi check out bluebrick.ie or google springboard there seems to be alot of courses available online and distance, part time and mixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mimmi

Springboard have eligibility criteria - check these out.

http://www.bluebrick.ie/Springboard/Help/SpringboardEligibility.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

hey do

1. online courses get much recognition as opposed to attending a college ?

Typically, no. However, the vast majority of online courses are offered by established colleges/universities, so you should be fine. Always check the end qualification and who accredits the course.
    2. can you recommend a college that lets you learn from home and just go in once a while to do tests etc

Open University (quite expensive, though) and Oscail are two that spring to mind. Have a look at the various Institutes of Technology and Universities - they all have similar courses.

Key word to look out for is "blended learning" - typically a combination of online and classroom based learning.
    also whats the best courses for learning IT and Web Design ??

Define best. :)

Advertisement