Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy xbox live points without Paypal account?

• 05-08-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I could get xbox live points codes sent to me online without needing a paypal account?

My credit card expired in January and I was just given a new one with the same number but different expiry date and CCV number. When I tried adding the new card Paypal had already flagged the number as rejected and didn't care that the expiry date and CCV number had changed. When I emailed them about it they wanted me to fax them my passport scan or something like that, fúck that.

Have got by fine so far as a lot of places now let you make a one off payment through paypal without needing an account. Does anyone know a good xbox live points seller that has this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

without needing a facebook account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Meant paypal, derp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Paypal really shoot themselves in the foot sometimes with their silly system, i understand wanting to be secure and all but still!

In your case you should check out https://www.entropay.com i have used it a few times for flights on ryanair etc (you avoid the card surcharge with it) and its a great service

But obviously check out if the seller will accept entropay before you transfer money over but they should :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Gamesnash.ie do em and accept credit cards or laser cards as well as paypal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Send money directly from your bank account into your Paypal account. Or buy this with your Laser card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

http://www.live-codes.com/ take paypal and Google checkout, FYI 2100 points are 19.99 in HMV at the minute so a saving you make on the instant delivery sites is minimal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Have used entropay before, they charge a fee for putting money on the card. It's fine when you're buying flights off ryanair and avoiding their CC charge, but for anything else it doesn't really make sense.

Will give live-codes.com a go. It may not be much cheaper but I should get the points soon enough and don't have to bother going out to HMV.

Actually that site is pretty good, by instant they mean instant. With cheapxboxlivecodes.com I'd be waiting an hour or so for the code to come through.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Has anyone ever used one of these sucessfully?

http://xboxlivecodegenerator2011.blogspot.com/2011/08/free-xbox-live-code-generator-and-psn.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It stays you can generate 6 month or 12 month xbox live codes?? Any have any experience with these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

thebison wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used one of these sucessfully?

http://xboxlivecodegenerator2011.blogspot.com/2011/08/free-xbox-live-code-generator-and-psn.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It stays you can generate 6 month or 12 month xbox live codes?? Any have any experience with these
    SCAM. It asks a question/survey, and when you get the right answer, you need to enter your mobile number to get the download. Unsure if you even get to the download at all. When you enter in your number, you're signed up to a subscription service which costs €10 a week (4*€2.50).

I'd say any code you generate will be out of date, used, etc, and you'll be €10 out of pocket a week.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Thanks for the mention djkeogh and the_syco

For the information of all boardsies who would be new customers: if you pm me from your established boards account once you have placed the order it will greatly speed up security clearance for you. (We have to do a lot of background checks on new customers requesting email dispatch for obvious reasons) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

My credit card expired in January and I was just given a new one with the same number but different expiry date and CCV number. When I tried adding the new card Paypal had already flagged the number as rejected and didn't care that the expiry date and CCV number had changed. When I emailed them about it they wanted me to fax them my passport scan or something like that, fúck that.

Did you try deleting your old card as a Payment Method first, then adding the new card?

Advertisement