Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on how to get featured in newspapers and magazines?

Options
  • 05-08-2011 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi everyone,

I have a coaching and mentoring business which is aimed at the 20-35 age group who are facing the quarter-life crisis. The quarter life crisis is an age related transition period where people are feeling lost, confused and pressured. We are the first generation that was raised to 'have it all'. Then when we get to our twenties, very rarely are our expectations met.

The majority of my clients are women in their late twenties who have studied for years, then realise that the job they have been striving for isn't for them and they are thinking of doing something different but don't know what. This is combined with pressure to find a partner and start a family, the fear that by the time they do, it may be too late. They look at friends and peers who seem to have it all figured out and they feel like there's something wrong with them. It's an an identity crisis- we define ourselves by our jobs, relationships etc and when they don't seem to fit us anymore, we don't know who we are!

There has been a lot of research and reports done in the past two years in England. One survey of 1200 people aged between 26-30, found that 73% of them felt like they were in a quarter life crisis.

As usual, Ireland is behind the states and the uk in terms of knowledge and understanding of this crisis and I want to try and promote it to raise awareness and also raise awareness of my business as well.

I thought ideally newspapers and womens magazines would be the best place to have an article like this featured but I'm not sure how to go about it.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

The best way is to have your own research and some case studies to give a human side to the findings and maybe a profile of you and your work.

If you can find out if you can use the pieces of research, pm and I could give a few pointers on how to proceed.

Advertisement