Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over Targeted?

Options
  • 05-08-2011 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I work in retail and earn commission when I exceed over my targets. I have a 20 hour/ week contract and I am targeted accordingly. Recently due to lack of staff and requested by my manager I was doing about 30 hours/ week. I started this in March and my hours were put back down again once we were at full staff at the end of June. I might add that a full contract is 37.5 hours.

During these months I never exceeded over 37.5 hours in a given month. In March, April, I was targeted as a part timer. In May, June I was targeted as a full timer. After I noticed I asked my Manager why was this happening, was this an error? He replied that once you reached a threshold of hours that your targets increase. When I asked to see this policy he asked me to get in contact with HR.

I email HR twice over two weeks and did not get a reply. In the third week us staff were told if we would like to get in contact with HR we would need to have our manager contact on our behalf (unrelated to my request I hope). Since then the manager has gave told me he has contacted them but no direct response from HR yet. I ask every week for the last 7 weeks.

In summary;

-I worked more than 20 hours (Part time) but less than 37.5 hours (Full time) per week for 4 months.

-The first 2 months I was targeted as a part timer and the last 2 months I was targeted as a full timer.

-I was told that there is a policy in place that once a threshold of hours is exceeded then targets are increased.

-I have not seen this policy and have requested to see this policy but have had no reply.

-There is a difference of about €1200 with my achieved targets on full time targets vs part time targets.

I might add that I agree that I agree that if I work more hours then should be targeted accordingly. I worked more than a part timer but less then a full timer and still had the same work load of a full timer. This company does not reduce our targets if we are sick or have to attend training.

Has anyone had similar experiences and how did you resolve them?

Comments

Advertisement