Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someplace nice to eat balbriggan area

Options
  • 05-08-2011 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

My family have gone to the Bracken Court for Sunday dinners a lot lately
    The food has gone downhill :mad: and now were looking for recommendations for other places around balbriggan stamullen etc.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The Man O War used to do a good Sunday lunch, as did the Balrothery Inn. Not been in either for a couple of years but I'd say that they'd be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

Milestone does a good feed also.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

+1 for Balrothery Inn
    Was there 3 week ends ago and had great grub

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Have heard the Milestone is fairly decent. I used to go to the Huntsman and that was decent spot. Was in Whytes a while back and that was fairly good

Was there a thread before Places to eat in N. C D.?

I was in Ollies the other night and was not very impressed at all. The only bit of our meal we liked was the starters, chicken wings. Unfair to judge a place on one visit so will try it again but if like Thursday I will gladly hand back my plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Whites of Stamullen. Wins every single time. Roganstown does nice grub too. the grange (Ballyboughal) have dinner on some nights, Tuesday's I think, tap pas and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

+2 for the Balrothery inn, never had a disappointing meal there plus the staff are always friendly.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

LeoB wrote: »

Found it, and I did a search on Balbriggan in it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=19402333#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Balrothery Inn, never dissapoints,

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

+1 for Man O'War. I haven't been there for grub in over a year until a couple of weeks ago. I'll definitely be back soon, food and service were excellent as always. IMHO, it beats the socks off the local competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Larianne wrote: »
    Found it, and I did a search on Balbriggan in it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=19402333#

That link didn't work for me, but I think that this is the thread that Leo was on about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah. That's the one.

If the OP just a search in that thread, lots of options for Balbriggan will show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

sirpsycho wrote: »
    +1 for Man O'War. I haven't been there for grub in over a year until a couple of weeks ago. I'll definitely be back soon, food and service were excellent as always. IMHO, it beats the socks off the local competition.

Is that the bar food or restaurant?

Whytes is great and so is the Bracken court.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

id back up whytes lovely bit of food in there now ive never been disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

LeoB wrote: »
    Have heard the Milestone is fairly decent. I used to go to the Huntsman and that was decent spot. Was in Whytes a while back and that was fairly good

I was in Ollies the other night and was not very impressed at all. The only bit of our meal we liked was the starters, chicken wings. Unfair to judge a place on one visit so will try it again but if like Thursday I will gladly hand back my plate.

Back in in ollies on Wednesday night last and it was superb. TOP MARKS

The chicken wings were the best I have ever had. Delicious sauce with them. The good wife said her meal was the tastiest she has had in a very long time. The portions were decent and the price was good.

There is a nice feel to the place with nice background music and a nice clientele. Would recommend a visit to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

New restaurant will be opening beside Tescos in Balbriggan.

Mcsomething or other I think it will be called. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

chughes wrote: »
    New restaurant will be opening beside Tescos in Balbriggan.

Mcsomething or other I think it will be called. :D

McDowell's???

McDowellsFacade.jpeg

Advertisement