Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass Hob replacement

• 05-08-2011 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Anyone any experience of getting a glazier to cut glass to fit a gas hob? Repacement glass hob quite expensive but I have heard that it may be possible to get one cut?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

I was going to say that someone asked that question a couple of months ago and that you should look for the thread. Then being the kind sort that I am I went looking for the thread only to realise that it was you that asked the question.

Hope you get sorted this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shaysue

Yes, I am still trying to avoid paying 150Euro for a piece of glass and then to have it fitted! I heard recently that a camper owner had got one cut by a glazier and I am hoping that he/she may be a member on this forum and share his experiences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

If you make a template of the glass with the holes required a glass company would cut and drill holes and polish the edges. It would then need to be toughened. I got a piece recently 1700x1100 and it was only €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shaysue

I think I will bring van to local glazier and see what he can do. Where did you get yours cut? Did galszier also toughen it for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

I got the glass in a large glass suppiler near Swords in Dublin. I think they ordered it in from somewhere else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement