Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Hackerspaces Week 2011

Options
  • 05-08-2011 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

The second annual Irish Hackerspaces Week runs from Saturday 20th August, to Sunday 28th August!

We're currently fleshing out the schedule for the events at tog, have your say about what kind of events you'd like to see, on what topics, or even just what kind of thing interests you.

Evolving outline can be found on the website

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

We talked some more about the events so hears an updated list.

Saturday 20th
    11:00 to late : Synchronous Hackathon</p>
    ? : Soldering Workshop
    ? : Mini Mood Light Soldering Workshop
    ? : Quiz
    Sunday 21st
    11:00 to late : Synchronous Hackathon
    ? : Arduino/Nunchuk Workshop
    Monday 22nd
    19:00 to 22:00 : Electronics and Micro controller Group Night
    Tuesday 23rd
    19:00 to 22:00 : Crafting Night
    19:00 to 22:00 : Electronics Class (Full)
    Wednesday 24th
    19:00 to 22:00 : Computing/Networking/Programming Group Night
    Thursday 25th
    ? : Night of Talks - 15 minutes each
    Friday 26th
    ? : Beginners Capture The Flag Event
    Saturday 27th
    ? : Craft Workshop and/or Photo Workshop
    Sunday 28th
    ? : Craft Workshop and/or Photo Workshop

We also wondered about topics for a more detailed talk or demo, some ideas included food or gimp/blender.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭chebe

I was thinking of a hand-sewing workshop (making drawstring bags or stuffed felt creatures of some sort) and an electro-sewing workshop, depending on interest levels.

I had been thinking of a Lilypad microcontroller workshop, but I'm not going to have time to get the supplies and everything together before hand, so that will have to be pushed out to sometime in the future.

A photography workshop sounds great! As does CTF, and the night of talks, and.. and... *sigh* I'm going to kept busy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Oooh Shiny. And i'll be relatively free that week.

Anything on lockpicking/locks that week?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭chebe

Agent J wrote: »
    Oooh Shiny. And i'll be relatively free that week.

Anything on lockpicking/locks that week?

The guy who runs those events is off at CCC camp, I'll enquire when he gets back. I recall him claiming to be very busy, but he loves the subject so maybe he can convinced to do something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

This is brilliant. I really would like to go to the soldering workshop. Are these events still going ahead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I just wanna say that TOG is well worth a lookin. I was back home in dublin for a week, there a while back and stopped in once. people there were friendly and helpful regarding my queries about electronics and computer security. Took the time to show me around and was made to feel very welcome.

GL with open day.

SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

Pyongyang wrote: »
    This is brilliant. I really would like to go to the soldering workshop. Are these events still going ahead?

Yes the soldering workshop will be happening on Sunday. You can sign up at http://partfusion.com/2011/08/irish-hackerspaces-week-2011-workshops/.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

robfitz wrote: »
    Yes the soldering workshop will be happening on Sunday. You can sign up at http://partfusion.com/2011/08/irish-hackerspaces-week-2011-workshops/.

I can testify that it was well worth it! Picked up a lot of decent techniques and the tour of the Tog building was great .Thanks again

Advertisement