Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with PC Build

Options
  • 05-08-2011 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hey Guys!

So its been awhile since i upgraded my pc and now i'm looking into getting myself set up with a decent rig to play all the new games coming out etc.
    I also use a fair few heavy programs too aswell ( no video rendering) as gaming so I pretty much need an all rounder!

Basically i seen this AMD bundle on DABS.ie that looks good http://www.dabs.ie/products/asus-amd-gamer-bundle--includes-m4a87td-evo-motherboard--amd-phenom-ii-x6-1090t-black-edition---4gb-ddr3--77X5.html
    but does anyone know if its good for overclocking ?

I have also been looking at bundles on Overclockers.co.uk mainly this i5 one http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-073-OE&groupid=43&catid=2053&subcat=2064
    Has anyone ordered from OCuk? seems like good service from what i hear!
    But then everyone here seems to order from that German site so I am unsure....

I also need to get a new GFX card and PSU so any advise on them would be great too

So basically I just want to know should i pay the bit more and go for an i5 instead of AMD ?
    Should I buy one of the the bundles OR just buy the parts myself?
    Can someone link me an example of a build if they think I shouldn't get a bundle please.
    Oh and price range would be low enough like I'd prefer to stay around the 500mark if possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You'd be better off with the overclockers system. Only don't buy as a bundle - it's £30 cheaper if you don't! The only difference is that the bundle is pre-overclocked which requires little effort with this generation of "K" Intels.
    The prices are quite good if bought separately - matching up very close with scan.co.uk. Since it's a heavy system, 8GB wouldn't cost the world more, given that RAM is cheap and will save you from upgrading for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭IQDENIED

Intel DP67BG (rev. B3) - 1155 Socket
    € 159,90 Inc. VAT
    Intel Core i5 2500K - 3.3 GHz - 6 MB L3 Cache
    € 183,90 Inc. VAT
    Corsair Vengence 2 x 4 GB DDR3-1600 - PC3-12800
    € 66,90 Inc. VAT

Total:
    € 410,70 Inc. VAT

From Pixmania.ie

You might be able to shop around abit...

The mobo is extreme series, with USB3x2 ports Bluetooth and built in wifi adapter (also has LED lighted skull on it can change colour red or blue!) coupled with the 2500k which is the unlocked version you can do ur own ocing, you can download intel XTU (extreme tuning unity) to autotune for you with this build. oh the 2500k has build in graphics, i think it haz, while not amazing compared to dedicated gfx card it will probably do a ok job til you get one... if needed ofc.

But its price is comaprable to overclockers.co.uk, double the RAM minus the cpu cooler which i'd probably leave out and use stock unless your ocíng I may suggest you really wanted one go for the Corsair Hydro series http://www.corsair.com/cooling/hydro-series/hydro-series-h70-cpu-cooler.html really easy to install, very good cooling capablities way better than air. this one is 85Euro on dabs.ie, pushing it to your budget with no PSU though, you cud try get 1 stick of the vengence 4GB and get a decent psu for 60-80 euro for 600w+ pushing you over by 50 quid or so :/

Im sure some might agree with my opinions and select other brands but hey its just some advice

or wait a couple months 2-3 maybe, for Intel's new gen of cpu's when ur'll prob get more bang for ur buck as they say..

sorry can't help with AMD don't know much about them

Advertisement