Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue for a 30th birthday

Options
  • 05-08-2011 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

Its my friend's 30th birthday in a few months and she wants to have a party. The only problem is finding a suitable venue. She wants to have it in or around the city centre so to suit friends but it also needs to be a place that is "family friendly". Basically all her family, young and old want to go to it too. So that really rules out alot of pubs. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I suppose a pub with a private function room or similar is the best option.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hi,

Its my friend's 30th birthday in a few months and she wants to have a party. The only problem is finding a suitable venue. She wants to have it in or around the city centre so to suit friends but it also needs to be a place that is "family friendly". Basically all her family, young and old want to go to it too. So that really rules out alot of pubs. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I suppose a pub with a private function room or similar is the best option.

Thanks!

Most pubs even with function rooms have to have under 18s out by 9.30. Best bet would be a hotel. But if you do find somewhere please let me know for future reference. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

The flying enterprise on the end of barrack st. have a fairly family friendly function area in the heated courtyard, Used work there for functions - It might be worth a look or else the curraheen greyhound stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

There is a pub you can rent for a night next door to The Market Tavern on Anglesea St it's called The Hub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Upstairs at Counihans is great - been to a few parties there - really nice space

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I was going to say the Hub too. Here is the link to their fab website http://www.thehubcork.com/

I hate when they put sites like this up they went to the effort of doing the site so why notmore info..Anywho could be a winner...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I was at the Hub for a 30th a few months back and it was great - you have the pub to yourself so maybe it would be different because you are paying for the venue - maybe kids would be allowed then? I'm not sure but it is a great place - just an ordinary pub but you can hook up your own music to the sound system (from your ipod or whatever).:)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

Thanks for all the suggestions. Ended up booking Clancy's for it as they will reserve the back bar, free food thrown in and there will be a live band playing on the night of the party. Seems like good value so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Thanks for all the suggestions. Ended up booking Clancy's for it as they will reserve the back bar, free food thrown in and there will be a live band playing on the night of the party. Seems like good value so far!

But are kids allowed??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 vector3

My 50 pence worth... but I held a party for my g/f last year for her 30th. Didn't want a pub, because lets face it we all go to those every weekend.

I booked the penthouse suite of the Imperial Hotel, laid on food & wine and had a bar set up in the room also. There's a music system provided which can take an iPod or a laptop. Sweet views over the city, nice outdoor area etc. All in it cost around €800. We had around 40 people. Child friendly too if you need that kindof thing. We hired some disco lights too for atmosphere. We had the option of staying in the room that night for an extra cost, but we live in the city so there was no point. It has 2 bedrooms.

Hotel were great to deal with, and they camouflaged the whole thing as a "wine tasting" event too which made the surprise really work.

If you want it extra special, I recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

vector3 wrote: »
    My 50 pence worth... but I held a party for my g/f last year for her 30th. Didn't want a pub, because lets face it we all go to those every weekend.

I booked the penthouse suite of the Imperial Hotel, laid on food & wine and had a bar set up in the room also. There's a music system provided which can take an iPod or a laptop. Sweet views over the city, nice outdoor area etc. All in it cost around €800. We had around 40 people. Child friendly too if you need that kindof thing. We hired some disco lights too for atmosphere. We had the option of staying in the room that night for an extra cost, but we live in the city so there was no point. It has 2 bedrooms.

Hotel were great to deal with, and they camouflaged the whole thing as a "wine tasting" event too which made the surprise really work.

If you want it extra special, I recommend it.

Sounds great and everything but 800e is an awful lot of money for a 30th!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

I actually priced private suites in the Imperial and the Clarion but as nice as they sound, they seem very expensive. Like she's a good friend but not that good that I would be spending €800 on her party!! Clancy's is free so far and because the party numbers seem to have increased, they are throwing in even more food. It suits them as we'll all be spending enough money on drinks! Unfortunately children aren't allowed but as a venue, it does suit friends and older family.

Thanks for all the suggestions though.

Advertisement