Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nail polish base coat

• 05-08-2011 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

Do you use one and if so what? I never have (apart from maybe a coat of clear polish) but having ended up with stained nails lately I think maybe I should.

So just wondering if anyone has any recommendations at all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dublin141

Do you use one and if so what? I never have (apart from maybe a coat of clear polish) but having ended up with stained nails lately I think maybe I should.

So just wondering if anyone has any recommendations at all?

I love Essie First Base, but one of my toddlers decided to spill my last bottle all over the place, so I started using a cheap Boots 17 base coat, and I really like it. I would repurchase the Essie though. I have the Nails Inc Caviar base coat too, but it doesn't work for me.

You can still stain your nails, but nowhere near as much, it's mostly in the removal really. I'm a big fan of base and top coat now, I don't know why I didn't use them years ago. I use a lot of vibrant colours and change my nail polish a couple of times a week, so a base coat is pretty much a must for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

If you have ridges in your nails and you don't want to file them, I'd recommend Nails Inc Harley St which is self levelling and gives a lovely even surface to work with.

I sometimes use Sally Hansen Hard As Nails ad a base coat because it dries so quickly. Sometimes I will put down two thin coats of this before the colour to prevent staining if the polish is particularly dark.

I have the Nails Inc Caviar Base Coat but haven't gotten around to trying it out yet but if it's anything like the top coat I will have no complaints. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I used to never wear them but in the past year I have been, my nails used to get badly stained and I wouldn't have polish on for half a day without a chip :rolleyes:

First thing I started using was China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat. I saw it in Sallys one day and gave it a go and really liked it. Now a days I use Seche Clear Base Coat again it's easily bought on the likes of ebay. Sometimes when a clear base coat doesn't work I use China Glaze Trousseau which is an creamy pale nude.

Advertisement