Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

in need of an incredible mascara

• 05-08-2011 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi : ) basically I've got my boyfriends Debs coming up and I'm in need of an incredible mascara that looks like false lashes and will actually last although i will be doing regular top ups :P I'd love to hear your suggestions and have a budget of about €20. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Unfortunately Mascara is a very individual thing and mascaras that can give one woman amazing long dramatic lashes might do nothing for another womans lashes.

There are certain mascaras known for the false lash look but you will see that they don't always work ( I loved YSL faux Cils but I thought Diorshow was terrible) so you might be wasting your €20 asking for advice here

Imo I think you would be better off getting a cheap essence mascara (which are really good) and then getting false lashes, I think the half ones look best, you know the ones that you stick on the outer corner of your eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

False lashes are the only way to go really. There's a great pack that was in Penney's rcently, 5 pairs for e8 and they are great quality. My favourite is currently Loreal Lash Architect 4D however.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 chicken_little

Tayla wrote: »

Imo I think you would be better off getting a cheap essence mascara (which are really good) and then getting false lashes, I think the half ones look best, you know the ones that you stick on the outer corner of your eye.

Thanks, already have a gazillion essence mascaras which i do find great but just looking for any other opinions :)
    There's a great pack that was in Penney's rcently, 5 pairs for e8 and they are great quality

already have these too :P as you can see I'm a lash junkie :P I'll give these a trial run on a night out and see how they fair next weekend :D thanks all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I can't stand wearing lashes so I can only advise on the mascara I'm afraid. I absolutely LOVE Diorshow Blackout but it is pricey at about €30.

On a budget I love the Maybelline one in the pink and green tube (sorry I don't know the actual name!) It has been around years but I havn't found a better one out of the lower priced brands. It comes in about €8/9 euro I think so really good value for what you get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I've tried them all and Diorshow Extase is definitely my favourite, might be slightly over your budget, but worth it in my opinion!

One trick I use sometimes is to use a lengthening mascara (e.g. YSL Everlong) for the base coat, and then a couple of coats of the Extase or similar mascara over it for "dramatic" lashes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

If you're on a budget, give 17's new mascara Falsifeye a go. I bought it in Boots the other day cos there was a pot of gel eyeliner free and I have to say I'm quite impressed at the mascara. I have quite long eyelashes anyway but it really does look like I'm wearing falsies.

I also love Urban Decay's Big Fatty Mascara. Does what it says on the tin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Hands down, d.j.v. beautenizer, by Fiberwig. Its a Japanese brand, you can get it in Sephora. Brush on false eyelashes. Tried it once and never went back, its AMAZING.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

The Cool wrote: »
    If you're on a budget, give 17's new mascara Falsifeye a go. I bought it in Boots the other day cos there was a pot of gel eyeliner free and I have to say I'm quite impressed at the mascara. I have quite long eyelashes anyway but it really does look like I'm wearing falsies.

I also love Urban Decay's Big Fatty Mascara. Does what it says on the tin.

I second this :) I picked Falsifeye in Boots after a lot of recommendation from people and I have to say I'm impressed. It's 9 EUR but you get a gel liner that's pretty decent as well :)

Essence have great mascaras and you can't beat the price of them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Try the Collection 2000 Big Fake mascara. It's cheap and I find it really good, probably the best mascara I've used. Make sure to curl your lashes before you put on your mascara too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I love using the one mascara Zooey Deschanel is in adverts for, not the 2 in 1 mascara but the other (don't remember the name and the letters rubbed off on my tube lol). I hate DiorShow, it always gave me to racoon eye effect, so I thought it was a miss.

Edit: whoops, totally meant the diorshow black out i think it's called. diorshow is lovely! just can't afford it like i used to!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I've been a dedicated DiorShow girl for years, but today I tried out Benefit's "They're Real" today, and it's amazing! Way nicer than Bad Gal, which I never found to be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MacieC

Bourjois Volumizer ! It's aroubd 13e.

It's a two-step volumizer. Step-One for basis and the other to add volume. If you want your lashes to look like false, you should put 2 portions of the second step. And also, you should insist on the beginning of your lashes by making a rotational action when applying the mascara on the interior basis of your lashes.

I can tell you, this mascara is just perfect. My mom even thought I was wearing fake lashes.

However, if you want your lashes to look like fake, don't go and put on some dark eye-shadow because it's gonna be very counter-productive. Go for something clear like white, cream, gold or something. Also add a bit of eyeliner before appying mascara. And don't forget to put some black khol crayon on the upper level of your eyes (right underneath the lashes) that's what will make your lashes look like fake !

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

Benefits new one is the best i have ever used..."they're real". ..it really lengthens and thickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 white1awake

EYelash bar (sorry, dont know the proper name)....you can get eyelash extensions:

It's right near Stephens Green, same street the fancy restaurants are on...Dawson. It's right up at the top of the street, left hand side near the green.

Eyelash extensions look amazing, and for 30 euros for 2 weeks, a good deal! I have NOT tried them yet though, just going by those I have seen with them.

My fav mascara right now is Catrice's eyelash lengthening serum.....I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Ive been using L'oreal's telescopic mascara since its come out and i wouldnt use any other type now at this stage. it thickens and lengthens my lashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭heathersissy79

I just bought a Maybelline Collosal Lash waterproof mascara (in a yellow tube). I think it's fabulous, it lasted really well (I fell asleep in it and it was still perfect the next day!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I love all of the following.

YSL Faux Cils
    Lancôme Hypnôse
    Lancôme Définicils
    No.7 Exceptional Definition
    Elizabeth Arden Double Intensity

Currently I use No.7 Exceptional Definition. I posted photos photos of it here comparing it to Essence Maximum Definition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Maxfactor False Lash Effects, these guys mean business and it's only 13 euro but lasts forever! I have really short lashes and when ever I wear it people ask if I'm actually wearing falsies!

Advertisement