Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving House - Options!?

Options
  • 05-08-2011 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

I will be moving house soon and wanted to know what are my options. I currently use ESB for electricity and Bord Gais for Gas at the current house(tenant).

1. How can I go about moving the same account to the new place which already has a connection?

2. What should I do if I want to use ESB for Gas too?

3. Any discounts etc? Savings over Bord Gais?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi xtremepoizn,
    1. How can I go about moving the same account to the new place which already has a connection?

This is a straight-forward process and can be arranged by phone (1850 372 372), by email, or by PM here on boards (your best bet :)). The most important thing you need when moving out of one property and into another are meter readings - opening and closing. Further details on what you need when moving home can be found here on our website.
    2. What should I do if I want to use ESB for Gas too?

3. Any discounts etc? Savings over Bord Gais?

You can save up to 6% off the Bord Gáis regulated gas unit rate if you switch to ESB Electric Ireland for gas. If you have both electricity and gas with ourselves, in addition to the 6% gas discount, you can get up to 17% off your electricity. This is our Dual Supersaver price plan, outlined here. Associated terms and conditions can be found here.

If you would like me to arrange this for you, just send me on your details via PM. You can also ring 1850 30 50 90, or request a callback.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement