Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a hairdresser...

Options
  • 05-08-2011 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Can a hairdresser charge you twice the price for a haircut and threathen to call the guards if you dont pay????
    This happened a few months back i was getting my little sisters haircut told him to cut it 2 inches short, he did an excellent job but i thought it was still too long so he cut it an inch more, i was delighted that it turned out great. Then i went to pay and the manager/hairdresser said " you got it cut twice so i am going to charge to twice now" i was devestated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

star106 wrote: »
    Can a hairdresser charge you twice the price for a haircut and threathen to call the guards if you dont pay????
    This happened a few months back i was getting my little sisters haircut told him to cut it 2 inches short, he did an excellent job but i thought it was still too long so he cut it an inch more, i was delighted that it turned out great. Then i went to pay and the manager/hairdresser said " you got it cut twice so i am going to charge to twice now" i was devestated.

BS. Hair dresser is a chancer. It was one visit. One charge.
    Either reason with the person or go to Small Claims Court.
    Don't involve the guards, it's nothing to do with them. I believe this would be classed as a civil matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 star106

RangeR wrote: »

BS. Hair dresser is a chancer. It was one visit. One charge.
    Either reason with the person or go to Small Claims Court.
    Don't involve the guards, it's nothing to do with them. I believe this would be classed as a civil matter.

Yeah i know the guards wouldnt do anything any way, but him saying i will call the guards is that legal like the price was clearly stated.
    That has never happened to me before no matter how many times i get my haircut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'd just never ever go there again and tell everyone you know not to go either...

January wrote: »
    I'd just never ever go there again and tell everyone you know not to go either...

Thats what i did, never met anyone so rude in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭oldmantime

It's illegal to threaten invalid legal action in the enforcement of a debt to my knowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sounds like straight-up blackmail

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Gardaí will not get involved in such a case, as it a civil matter. They probably would have been on your side, as he was harassing you.

BTW - did you actually pay the double fee?

dudara wrote: »
    The GardaÃ* will not get involved in such a case, as it a civil matter. They probably would have been on your side, as he was harassing you.

BTW - did you actually pay the double fee?

I was hesitating and was on my own called my dad up and the manager was arguing with me and my dad, he was very rude. As i was on my own i gave him the fee at first and asked my dad to come, my dad kind of sorted the matter out and i got my extra money from another employee. I was going to complain about him but my dad told me to leave it. Dont know if i should have though he didnt give me his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If it was part of a chain, like Tony & Guy or Peter Mark, then complain to the company's head office. If not, there's not really anywhere to complain to. Move on, and never give them your business again.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

name them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

go back and stand outside the door with a big poster stay for the day name and shame them chancers;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

audi a4 2008 and Thegalwayman

If either of you were any way familiar with the way that this forum operates, you would know that we do not allow the naming of businesses in such situations.

dudara

Advertisement