Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged NTU (master socket)

Options
  • 05-08-2011 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi I am having problems with my NTU, it is the one with a test socket on the eCU and an ADSL filter built into the CCU which is used in monitored alarm broadband set ups.

It was removed as I was having new skirting boards fitted and I wanted the wires to be behind the new boards instead of surface mounting them.

Since I have put it back on, I am having a few strange issues:

• The phone point on the front of the eCU works but when I fit the CCU, the one on the CCU doesnt. However, the ADSL point on the front of the CCU does as does the alarm which is connected to a punch down connector on the back of the CCU.
    • There are 4 extensions which all come from one cable wired to L1 and L2 on the rear of the CCU. Only 2 of these are working at the moment (2 upstairs phones) and the downstairs extension doesn't work.
    I can't understand how only some extensions would work when they all come from the same line and no wiring elsewhere was touched. Also is there a chance that the phone point on the ccu not working could be part of the same issue as opposed to a simply damaged connection?

If it comes to it, how would I go about getting a new NTU or even a new CCU? As I understand it, up until the eCU everything is the responsibility of eircom and I would need a CCU that fit into the current eCU

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi I am having problems with my NTU, it is the one with a test socket on the eCU and an ADSL filter built into the CCU which is used in monitored alarm broadband set ups.

It was removed as I was having new skirting boards fitted and I wanted the wires to be behind the new boards instead of surface mounting them.

Since I have put it back on, I am having a few strange issues:

• The phone point on the front of the eCU works but when I fit the CCU, the one on the CCU doesnt. However, the ADSL point on the front of the CCU does as does the alarm which is connected to a punch down connector on the back of the CCU.
    • There are 4 extensions which all come from one cable wired to L1 and L2 on the rear of the CCU. Only 2 of these are working at the moment (2 upstairs phones) and the downstairs extension doesn't work.
    I can't understand how only some extensions would work when they all come from the same line and no wiring elsewhere was touched. Also is there a chance that the phone point on the ccu not working could be part of the same issue as opposed to a simply damaged connection?

If it comes to it, how would I go about getting a new NTU or even a new CCU? As I understand it, up until the eCU everything is the responsibility of eircom and I would need a CCU that fit into the current eCU

Hi (insert name),

Do you have an ISDN set up at the address?

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭(insert name)

Hi (insert name),

Do you have an ISDN set up at the address?

Mark

Nope, just phone and ADSL.

I also posted this issue in the electrical forum => http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056348458

Still though, if that advice doesn't sort it, how would I go about gettting the master socket replaced?

Thanks

Nope, just phone and ADSL.

I also posted this issue in the electrical forum => http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056348458

Still though, if that advice doesn't sort it, how would I go about gettting the master socket replaced?

Thanks

Hi (insert name),

I have been speaking to broadband the eircom repairs section and given what uou outlined it seems that the work done recently has affected the service.

As it is the main phone socket eircom can send out a technican to check the socket, however I need to make you aware that there may be a cost of work charge of €150.

So if are willing to accept the possible charge I can request a technican to go out?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Hi (insert name),

I have been speaking to broadband the eircom repairs section and given what uou outlined it seems that the work done recently has affected the service.

As it is the main phone socket eircom can send out a technican to check the socket, however I need to make you aware that there may be a cost of work charge of €100.

So if are willing to accept the possible charge I can request a technican to go out?

Thanks, Mark

It's 150 euro....

It's 150 euro....

Apologies,

€150

Thanks poisonedstream

• Advertisement
Advertisement