Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got accepted to UCD

Options
  • 05-08-2011 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hey all,

Got a place in the MCL Masters in Common Law in UCD. I got my provisional timetable online and am wondering where the best place to get more info is regarding when lectures start, buildings and departments, how to register etc.

I've barely received anything from UCD in the post, except for my student number. Is there anything I can access/log into with it?

I'm kind of lost as I'll be coming from NUI Maynooth where I did my undergrad and it's much smaller than UCD. If anyone has any advice/tips for me on general stuff on campus in UCD, please post!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭VALIS

Registration should be all online for you; you might find much of the info that you're looking for on the UCD website starting here:
    http://www.ucd.ie/students/graduate.html

or in more detail here:
    http://www.ucd.ie/t4cms/registration%20guide_sept_2010_2011.pdf

You will probably be sent more specific details about orientation and such in the coming weeks from your faculty too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭itchyblood

Thanks for that. I'm worried about finding my way around campus as well- do you know whether there will be orientation or anything for post grad students like me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

There will be orientation. Your Grad School will organise something for your class.

Since you have your student number, you may be able to log into UCD connect as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

UCD offer far less support to postgrads than undergrads. I started a Science based Masters last September and bar the email requesting my 500 euro deposit in early August, I received no further correspondence from them. I did my undergrad there a few years back though so I at least knew the campus and the registration system/process but I can see how it would be daunting.

Unless your department are more helpful I doubt there will be an orientation. Your best bet is to print out a map (there's a decent one on the website).

Use this link to register your modules https://sisweb.ucd.ie/usis/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin, using your student number and birthday.

You can log into UCDconnect which has your email account using these details too. That's where UCD are most likely to send any further correspondence so keep an eye on it.

Contact the programme office to see if there is a postgraduate orientation. If not, see if they can arrange for you to be included in an undergraduate one.
    The programme office contact details will be on the course description page.

If both of these fail don't worry about it. You can get your student card in the student centre, you can get classes on using the computer network in the Daedalus building and you can get library tours in the library any time in the first couple of weeks. All these buildings will be marked on the map and are easy to find. Although UCD is big, there is one main walkway through it and all the buildings you will use are on this route so you won't get lost :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

anndub wrote: »
    Contact the programme office to see if there is a postgraduate orientation. If not, see if they can arrange for you to be included in an undergraduate one.
    The programme office contact details will be on the course description page

Since the OP will be a postgrad, they should contact their Graduate School, not the Programme Office.
    http://www.ucd.ie/graduatestudies/

• Advertisement
Advertisement