Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Videos vanished off laptop!

Options
  • 05-08-2011 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi! There was about 2 years of videos on my laptop (taken with a sony handycam) and there a few days ago I went to look at them, and they weren't there. They're not in the recycle bin, and I have tried undelete programmes and stuff but I can't seem to find them. Now what I did find is some .modd files, and the details of those are identical to the other ones, now what I am wondering is, if there is some sort of compressed version of the videos inside in the .modd files. I can't for the life of me think of where they could have gone to. Now I could have been looking for the wrong thing, but I looked for all the common video file types (.AVI, .WMV, .DV etc.) now maybe I was looking for the wrong thing, but I don't think I was. If you know how I could get a video out of the .modd files, or else how to get the original ones back, I would be very greatful, because there was important stuff in them like weddings, christenings etc. But sure if you can't, you can't what harm. But if it's not too much bother could you tell me how. Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

Advertisement