Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Footie for "free" on tv (bring your own popcorn)

• 05-08-2011 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Tonight ITV4 has Everton V Villareal at 7.30 while RTE2 has some Atrocity League* action from 7.00

Sunday sees the first BBC1 Championship game of the season with West Ham United v Cardiff City at 12.45

*please do not take offence

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

mike65 wrote: »
    Tonight ITV4 has Everton V Villareal at 7.30 while RTE2 has some Atrocity League action from 7.00

Sunday sees the first BBC1 Championship game of the season with West Ham United v Cardiff City at 12.45

Was that intentional?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought everyone called it that. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Tonight ITV4 has Everton V Villareal at 7.30 while RTE2 has some Atrocity League action from 7.00

ahh, the yellow submarines in town.

where is collina so I can pelt him with some sheep intestines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SantryRed wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

oh relax ffs

http://www.boards.ie/search/?subforums=1&f=151&q=atrocity

I like it :pac:

tmme :p

• Advertisement

Yeah but someone will properly have a go at him over it and then it'll all be about bitter fans. Joke really. Kinda snide comment which drags things down around here.

Nice bit of class there during the minutes silence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Nicely done by Thompson there.

Rovers get 1 and it could be a rout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

Tonight ITV4 has Everton V Villareal at 7.30 while RTE2 has some Atrocity League* action from 7.00

Thanks for the update. When does La Liga start? Then I can actually care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Spurs v atletic Bilboa is on itv4 at 3 tomorrow as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

ITV4 - Everton v Villareal 0-0

It's half time now and Coleman went off few minutes ago after a nasty tackle from opposition player .

Young Master Coleman on the wrong end of a nasty "tackle", Everton showing some nice bits and pieces of play without exerting that much pressure. Villareal likewise though their shooting leaving something to desire.

Anyone watch the Hull game lads? How'd Robbie Brady play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Everton outplayed and outclassed by Villareal .0-1

UCD beat Villareal and i reckon more irish people watched tonights game than went to that.

Ergo

Spanish football
    Irish football
    English football

:pac:

/joke etc:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    UCD beat Villareal and i reckon more irish people watched tonights game than went to that.

Ergo

Spanish football
    Irish football
    English football

:pac:

/joke etc:

I was tempted to say haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Just back from the game and wow. I realise this is intentionally a barstool thread ;) But anyone who was at the game knows what football passion was.

Disgraceful from both sets of fans during the minute of silence. It started off with Bohs fans booing there own fan...rovers fans had a go at them for it...and then the mouths thought it would be ok to keep it up.

Rovers need to convert chances. If Billy had a right foot he would have had two tonight. Bohs were very poor against a very jaded team. Lines man on the camera side is the next Kelly. Needs all the attention. Turner was sorely missed.

I see Celtic Legends V Manchester Utd legends is on next Tuesday ITV4

Ebbs wrote: »
    Just back from the game and wow. I realise this is intentionally a barstool thread ;) But anyone who was at the game knows what football passion was.

Disgraceful from both sets of fans during the minute of silence. It started off with Bohs fans booing there own fan...rovers fans had a go at them for it...and then the mouths thought it would be ok to keep it up.

Rovers need to convert chances. If Billy had a right foot he would have had two tonight. Bohs were very poor against a very jaded team. Lines man on the camera side is the next Kelly. Needs all the attention. Turner was sorely missed.

Impressed with the bohs kids the more i see them, they put it up to you but your players calibre far superior to them.

Decent tv game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Impressed with the bohs kids the more i see them, they put it up to you but your players calibre far superior to them.

Decent tv game.

Forrester looks very good. They ran for the whole game and earn credit for that. Downes for them was a bright spark too when he came on. O'brien had two great chances (well I think it was him) but failed to convert. Young lads did a lot better than their higher paid/experienced players.

Tonight TV3 has Arsenal v Udinese, tomorrow night RTE 2 has Bayern v FC Zurich also in ITV4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Setanta Ireland has Copenhagen tonight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Setanta Ireland has Copenhagen tonight

Never knew Setanta Ireland was free.

ShamoBuc wrote: »

think it is on UPC.

Then its not "free" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

free for all UPC customers :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Well if ya wanna be like that...RTE or ITV isnt free either.

see-Tvlicence!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

think it is on UPC.

Didn't know that, anyway - I don't pay for UPC. Saorview and free to air sat for me.

• Advertisement

Well if ya wanna be like that...RTE or ITV isnt free either.

see-Tvlicence!

That's for having a TV;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

tomorrow night (wed 16th august) Barca vs Real in the second leg of the spanish cup is free to air on the german channel Sport 1.

To be fair, they are showing a right amount of live football this past while. FA cup/ carling cup/ charity shield and the odd other game that you only get on sky in Ireland.

Yay! Its an England v Wales legends match at Pride Park

England v Wales: The Legends
    Coverage of the charity match at Pride Park in Derby, where former internationals and celebrities from England and Wales compete for the John Hartson Trophy (Kick-off 7.45pm).The sides are managed by Harry Redknapp and John Hartson, with the likes of Andrew Cole, Les Ferdinand, Rob Lee, Des Walker, Robbie Savage, Dean Saunders and Gary Speed among the players expected to take part. Presented by Matt Smith, with commentary by Peter Drury and Jim Beglin
    Category Football - International
    ITV4 7:00pm-10:00pm (3 hours ) Thu 8 Sep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The John Hartson Trophy?

Do they not usually name trophies after dead people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

tomorrow night (wed 16th august) Barca vs Real in the second leg of the spanish cup is free to air on the german channel Sport 1.

To be fair, they are showing a right amount of live football this past while. FA cup/ carling cup/ charity shield and the odd other game that you only get on sky in Ireland.

how do i access this from the sky box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

syngindub wrote: »
    how do i access this from the sky box?

Not be a month late anyway

• Advertisement

ITV moving their Champions League night to Wednesday is already showing itself to be a right PITA from this side of the Irish sea, as predictably enough both ITV and RTE have picked the Manchester Utd game against Benfica. Also means stuck with TV3s horror show for Arsenal tonight.

TV3 - Shamock Rovers v Rubin Kazan
    ITV4 - Dynamo Kiev v Stoke City then Birmingham v Braga
    Channel 5 - Fulham v FC Twenty.

Got ITV4? have a **** at 8 pm
    Barcelona's Greatest Goals
    Matt Smith counts down the 50 most notable goals of the past 20 years from the European champions, featuring the likes of Ronaldinho, Rivaldo and Lionel Messi

Got ITV4? have a **** at 8 pm

They usually repeat the **** out of stuff on that channel, shame cant record and fast forward the ads :(

BBC2 Match of the Day Live 5.15 for Watford v Forest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Sky Sports is free all weekend, so plenty of matches to chose from.

Will Big Sam **** it up?

Match of the Day Live

Barnsley v West Ham United

Barnsley v West Ham United (Kick-off 5.15pm). Jake Humphrey presents coverage of the Championship encounter at Oakwell, where the Hammers continue their bid for promotion. The Londoners recorded a 1-0 win in the reverse fixture at Upton Park, with Pape Bouba Diop scoring the only goal of the game, and will be expecting to complete a double over the Tykes, who have struggled for form in the second half of the season
    Category Football/Soccer

BBC1 London 5:00pm-7:25pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Pats Shams is on Rte 2 tonight at 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

gustavo wrote: »
    Pats Shams is on Rte 2 tonight at 7

And in HD on RTE2HD. :D

Soton v Ajax 14.45 Channel 5 today.

Advertisement