Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Alarm System

Options
  • 05-08-2011 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,

I'm new to the boards and would like some advise regarding getting an alarm system. The house is prewired for PIRs and door contacts and 3 keypads.
    My installer has recommended either a HKC system or Pyronix system. While there is plenty of information and recommendations for HKC, there is very little about Pyronix PCX76I DP outside of their website.

Any feedback with positive or negative thoughts on this system would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would go with the SigNET or the HKC Securewave .
    They are the best 2 options for a prewired house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Quidne

Thanks KoolKid, I will probably go with HKC, but would prefer to get some opinions on Pyronix PCX before ruling it our completely.

If it makes any difference will be using a GSM dialler as there is no phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Quidne wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm new to the boards and would like some advise regarding getting an alarm system. The house is prewired for PIRs and door contacts and 3 keypads.
    My installer has recommended either a HKC system or Pyronix system. While there is plenty of information and recommendations for HKC, there is very little about Pyronix PCX76I DP outside of their website.

Any feedback with positive or negative thoughts on this system would be appreciated.

First off, It is always better to cover windows and doors. Perimeter protection. With just pirs in your home an intruder has to gain entry before activating the alarm system plus with some set ups the pirs will be off to allow you walk around your home at night.
    I would install a wired pir in the hall and one on the landing, a contact on the front door plus wired inertia/contacts on the other doors. Then add wire free sensors to any window that is accessible, by this I mean if an intruder can gain access to it by means of a flat roof, slanted roof, pipes, wall and so on. If there is no access then it is unlikely an intruder would gain access through it.
    If it is just a wired system your after then both panels are good, the Pyronix would be the cheaper of the two, not that much though. It is very like the Euro mini panel in design.
    I would think about installing the HKC Securewave over the Pyronix system. If you do decide to cover windows with inertia/contacts, Pyronix dont make them which is a big drawback for there hybrid system. They are in the making but your looking at over 6 months away before they hit the market, could be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Thanks KoolKid, I will probably go with HKC, but would prefer to get some opinions on Pyronix PCX before ruling it our completely.

If it makes any difference will be using a GSM dialler as there is no phone line.
    Both systems will be fine, the pyronix is a good panel.
    My two cent, I don't't use either panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Quidne

Thanks all , The Pyronix seems to have more features, but didn't realise they don't currently have the wireless contacts for the windows and doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks all , The Pyronix seems to have more features, but didn't realise they don't currently have the wireless contacts for the windows and doors.

They have wire free contacts, just not the combined inertia/contacts which is a big draw back for there system.

Advertisement