Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Dunne interviewing Brian Wilson

• 05-08-2011 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Did anyone hear Tom Jones Dunne on Tuesday last, poor divil had a hoor of a job interviewing Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys. Even though Tom was very patient with him and just as respectful, it was like twenty questions which turned into 30 questions with a guy who had been in bed since he got in from the party 2 hrs before. The end was a hoot too.

oops, heres the link
    http://www.newstalk.ie/programmes/all/tom-dunne/podcasts/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bit of a space cadet is Wilson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Oh for crying out loud, what a complete muppet:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Wilson still as loopy as ever it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Well you have to take in to account that Wilson has serious mental issues.. I heard the bit where he was trying to get him to say "This is Brian Wilson, and you're listening to the Tom Dunne show".. and it was a bit embarrassing.. I dont think they should have played it given the problems that Wilson has had..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

JMSE wrote: »
    Did anyone hear Tom Jones Dunne on Tuesday last, poor divil had a hoor of a job interviewing Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys. Even though Tom was very patient with him and just as respectful, it was like twenty questions which turned into 30 questions with a guy who had been in bed since he got in from the party 2 hrs before. The end was a hoot too.

oops, heres the link
    http://www.newstalk.ie/programmes/all/tom-dunne/podcasts/

Thanks for that! Cheered me up as I'm sitting here with a slight hangover, an average cold and a terible toothache... "Tom Jones" lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Dunne has about as much charisma a week old head of lettuce..

Ghey sounding broadcaster from Shhatft Dublin who couldn't conduct an interview with a willing subject.

deplorable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Well you have to take in to account that Wilson has serious mental issues.. I heard the bit where he was trying to get him to say "This is Brian Wilson, and you're listening to the Tom Dunne show".. and it was a bit embarrassing.. I dont think they should have played it given the problems that Wilson has had..

They are now using it as a promo for the Tom Dunne Show...this mentally ill man can't say my name, isn't it hilarious. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Ah go away would ya, Tom Dunne is in too much awe of Brian Wilson to do anything to disrespect him. Isnt BW touring, isnt he taking phone calls to promote his gigs in his middle of the night, hasnt he people who are looking out for him? Do all his interviews sound like this? And if his mental state is as a result of too much 'party rock' then he's a victim of his own actions and is probably the first to say 'take me as I am'. Tom Jones hah lmfao! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,593 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dunne has about as much charisma a week old head of lettuce..

Ghey sounding broadcaster from Shhatft Dublin who couldn't conduct an interview with a willing subject.

deplorable.

He's from Drimnagh isn't he? South only in, well, erm, geography but you know what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Rubik. wrote: »
    They are now using it as a promo for the Tom Dunne Show...this mentally ill man can't say my name, isn't it hilarious. :rolleyes:

Wilson is totally deaf in one ear, which he attributes to a thump from his domineering father.

Think that was primarily the issue with Tom Dunne clip.

He's been a difficult interviewee since circa 1968 tbh, can be engaged and charming or monosyllabic and distant, which is clearly a result of his long term struggle with mental illness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

With Brian Wilson , what you see is what you get and it's no coincidence that the other original Beach Boys have being touring for last 30 odd years without him, which has as much to do with copyright and contractual stuff than Wilson being able to perfrom live on stage... which he does with his own band ( even if he can't remember all the piano chords )

As Badger said ..Wilson is deaf from constant beatings around the head from his father murry who actually tried ( thankfully unsucesssfully ) to take the credit for his sons genius .Brian Wilson is as famous for answering questions as bland as can be which is much to do with his short attention span and loss of memory due to years of substance abuse.

Advertisement