Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Movie stars bodybuilders?

Options
  • 05-08-2011 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Trying to remodel my physiche. I obiously use Holly wood stars as role model. I undertstand that a large part of the conditioning is genectic. But are they just fitness entusiats or Bodybuilders. I'm starting to think there Bodybuilders. Look at Chris Evans, Russel Crowe, Hugh Jackmen and then the like of Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Brad Pitt. There huge. So are the bodybuilders of just gym bunnies???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

these guys are bodybuilders:

index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=47818&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=202

brad pitt and ben affleck are not bodybuilders.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Mr_Hat wrote: »
    Trying to remodel my physiche. I obiously use Holly wood stars as role model. I undertstand that a large part of the conditioning is genectic. But are they just fitness entusiats or Bodybuilders. I'm starting to think there Bodybuilders. Look at Chris Evans, Russel Crowe, Hugh Jackmen and then the like of Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Brad Pitt. There huge. So are the bodybuilders of just gym bunnies???

None of those people you named are "huge" . Hugh Jackman is fairly big, the rest carry a decent amount of muscle.

Conditioning is way more about hard work than it is about genetics.

What are you actually asking here? How to train to look like Hugh Jackman?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

My definition of bodybuilding (and it might just be mine alone) would be the application of resistance training to manipulate one's muscularity to achieve a certain desired physique, so I suppose actors would fit the bill in that regard.

I had to Google Chris Evans there all the same, though. The only celebrity I knew by that name was the skinny little ginger bloke, which had me thinking you'd been honking on the old crack pipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Mr_Hat

None of those people you named are "huge" . Hugh Jackman is fairly big, the rest carry a decent amount of muscle.

Conditioning is way more about hard work than it is about genetics.

What are you actually asking here? How to train to look like Hugh Jackman?

I suppose so. I would of thought of them as bobybuilders. Maybe its all the HGH they take. That makes them look so lean. And Hugh Jackman is HUGE. He has the chest pf about 7 seven men. Evan to. Crowe is a bit more normal looking. But still big

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Bradpants

/thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

I suppose so. I would of thought of them as bobybuilders. Maybe its all the HGH they take. That makes them look so lean. And Hugh Jackman is HUGE. He has the chest pf about 7 seven men.

Wow... just wow

I suppose so. I would of thought of them as bobybuilders. Maybe its all the HGH they take. That makes them look so lean. And Hugh Jackman is HUGE. He has the chest pf about 7 seven men. Evan to. Crowe is a bit more normal looking. But still big

Why in gods name do you think they are all on HGH?

Compare the pic posted of bodybuilders above, with Hugh Jackman. He is definatly big, but not huge.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Satanta

Is jay Hugh Jackman was tall and conditioned. Not "huge"

Afaik brad pity weighs in about 80kg at his peak. Well conditioned, not huge. Matt Damon under 80. All very achievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

No OP

They are not huge/they are not bodybuilders however I do believe that that get paid well to prepare for movie role,have personal trainers/nutritionists. It really depends what type of body physique you have in mind

Brad Pitt in Fight Club

how_much_does_brad_pitt_weigh_in_fightclub_shirtless_mwgmedia.jpg

Brad Pitt in Troy

Brad+Pitt+Troy+7.jpg

I'd say that all the actors you mentioned do care of themselfes with an exception of Russel Crowe who I firmly believe does not any fitness activities
    those day but having said I'd be very confident that he would transform again
    into the physique of Maximus Decimus Meridius if required to do so.

Other than this if do believe into magic Hollywood actors workouts then
    I would recommend you following to click the following links

http://www.menshealth.com/

http://www.mensfitness.com/

http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding/58_fitness_tip.html

Ps didnt want to post any new images of Rusell Crowe because because I really want to remember him as The general Maximus Decimus Meridius... my heroooo
    Closing the door now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

..everybody wannna be a body builder, don't no-one wants to lift this heavy ass weight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Mr_Hat

squod wrote: »
    ..everybody wannna be a body builder, don't no-one wants to lift this heavy ass weight.

Yikes!!!!!!
    I stand corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I once read about Brad Pitts workout routine for Fighty Club.

It was INSANE.

But more insane than the workout was the diet.

He ate sweet f**k all - like a carrot and a leaf of cabbage a day kind of thing and got his body fat % down to like 7% or something.

Basically the kind of thing you can only do with loads of money to pay trainers and such to motivate you all day and physically refrain you from eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

It was INSANE.

He ate sweet f**k all - like a carrot and a leaf of cabbage a day kind of thing and got his body fat % down to like 7% or something.

Basically the kind of thing you can only do with loads of money to pay trainers and such to motivate you all day and physically refrain you from eating.

i have underlined the parts of your post i believe to be fallacies.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

It was INSANE.

Seems to be a bit more than a carrot or a leaf of cabbage. It appears to be mainly protein based:

http://www.topfatlosstrainer.com/2009/11/03/brad-pitt-fight-club-workout-diet-plan/
    Brad Pitt’s Fight Club Diet Plan:

–> Pitt used a very strict and typical bodybuilder’s diet to get lean and ripped for his role in Fight Club.

–> He consumed 6 meals per day and his only supplements included a whey protein powder and occasional use of protein bars.

–> Most common protein selections included lean turkey and chicken, fish, eggs and fat free dairy products, such as cottage cheese.

–> Carbs were kept to a minimum and included wholewheat choices, grains, various vegetables, oats and rice cakes…all of which were tapered off toward the end of the day.

–> Breakfast: 6 egg whites (a few yolks added in) and 75 grams of oatmeal with raisins for added taste. Pitt also substituted a protein shake for the eggs if he was short on time.

–> Morning snack: canned tuna in wholewheat pita wraps.

–> Lunch: 2 chicken breasts, with 75-100 grams of brown rice and green vegetables.

–> Afternoon snack: protein bar or whey protein shake and 1 banana (this was pre-workout time).

–> Post-workout snack: another whey protein shake and 1 banana.

–> Supper: grilled fish or chicken, more brown rice, veggies and a large salad.

–> Bedtime snack: low fat cottage cheese or a casein protein shake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Christ what is wrong with you people ??

I was being sarcastic. I didn't mean it literally.

I'm also drunk which should be obvious from my earlier posts of the night.....you friggin retards beatin up on the clearly intoxiciated.....sad

The point was......sans friggin smiley faces for the friggin mentally challenged......his diet was as much a part his end apprearance it as his work out. It very friggin clearly wasn't literal. I did not mean he literally only ate a carrot and a leaf of cabbage a day. How thick are you people ? You don't get sarcasm unless its marked with a smiley face ??? :P :rolleyes::eek::pac:

Jesus Christ I make casual drunken reference to something I read like FIVE years ago and I get friggin destroyed by the pedantic saddo's/Spanish inquisition up at 2am on fri/sat night to tear lumps out of random non specific drunken poster......jeeeshl - get a life

Christ what is wrong with you people ??

I was being sarcastic. I didn't mean it literally.

I'm also drunk which should be obvious from my earlier posts of the night.....you friggin retards beatin up on the clearly intoxiciated.....sad

The point was......sans friggin smiley faces for the friggin mentally challenged......his diet was as much a part his end apprearance it as his work out. It very friggin clearly wasn't literal. I did not mean he literally only ate a carrot and a leaf of cabbage a day. How thick are you people ? You don't get sarcasm unless its marked with a smiley face ??? :P :rolleyes::eek::pac:

Jesus Christ I make casual drunken reference to something I read like FIVE years ago and I get friggin destroyed by the pedantic saddo's/Spanish inquisition up at 2am on fri/sat night to tear lumps out of random non specific drunken poster......jeeeshl - get a life

opinion guy banned for a week for the abusivness.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

JVKQj.jpg

Personal trainers, personal nutritionist and a personal doctor needed for gains like that and no way it could be completely natural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

easy to do that when its your full time job!
    and you can have a chef
    and a personal trainer(s)

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    easy to do that when its your full time job!
    and you can have a chef
    and a personal trainer(s)

30lbs (according to an interview) in 5 months on a frame that is already going to be fit and strong?

Easy:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,309 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    JVKQj.jpg

Personal trainers, personal nutritionist and a personal doctor needed for gains like that and no way it could be completely natural.

That was over a lot longer period that 5 months, jsut because its an internet image doesn't make it true.
    Tom Hardy puts in huge amount of work to his films, and I'd expect huge results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pachey100

Tom Hardy was fairly big already in Inception so I doubt he needed to put on that much weight.

Mellor wrote: »
    That was over a lot longer period that 5 months, jsut because its an internet image doesn't make it true.
    Tom Hardy puts in huge amount of work to his films, and I'd expect huge results

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/126971-tom-hardy-on-playing-bane

From the man himself, aiming for 30lbs in 3 months. I seriously doubt he has completely unrealistic expectations of what he will achieve, he was very muscular in Bronson and would be experienced at this.

EDIT: I should probably say I'm not completely against this. Everything I've heard about steroids/HGH etc. makes them sound very safe when done in a controlled way and administered correctly. I just hate the idea that people are going to see this and think there something wrong when they're not gaining anything close to 10lbs a month with hard training and clean living.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/126971-tom-hardy-on-playing-bane

From the man himself, aiming for 30lbs in 3 months. I seriously doubt he has completely unrealistic expectations of what he will achieve, he was very muscular in Bronson and would be experienced at this.

Big muscular guy loses weight, becomes skinny guy, regains weight and becomes muscular guy again in short period of time.... mneh. That's not very difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

A lot of actors will obviously use steroids and you're naive if you think they don't. If my career required me to look a certain way in a short period of time then obviously I'm going to take every short cut possible. People try to justify it by saying oh they have personal trainers, nutritionists and chefs - let's be realistic it's not what they're eating or how they're training because for most 6 month Hollywood transformations the difference is steroids.

The personal trainers they have don't have any access to information that we don't have. The chefs don't have access to food that we don't have access to (you can argue that you don't have time to prepare the food but the actor has it given to them, well prepare your food in advance). A nutritionist can create a diet but again they don't have any secret information that we don't have they are just professionals because they have a degree for it - a couple of different bits of food each day for 6 months isn't going to completely alter your body composition determined by years of eating habits and evolution.

Steroids and the likes are safe when done correctly. They may have a few detrimental side effects but unless they are abused then these are very rarely long term. If these people do say 3 months of steroids for a role all the while under the supervision of a doctor not much can go wrong. I could probably do 3 months of crack cocaine and still be alright as long as I didn't abuse the shít out of it.

If I read correctly the dude above was in Bronson. I'd imagine that he roided for Bronson even though I have no idea what he looked like before Bronson but he was huge in that. If he went from that to skinny then back to muscular in a few months then I doubt he needed roids but again it wouldn't surprise me.

People over estimate the value of personal trainers and nutritionists. If you paid a personal trainer and a nutritionist and did nothing but focus on fitness for the next 6 months then you wouldn't make the transformations some of these guys do. And the reason isn't that all these actors are genetically gifted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Christian Bale

christian-bale-the-machinist1-300x210.jpg

Again,he is paid to be bulkier/skinnier

2010 - The Boxer

christian-bale-photo-fighter-press-conference.jpg

and of the recent pics taken on set of The Dark Knight

fp_7674869_big_batman_02_06.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

All the guys listed I'm sure train like BBr's to get marginally more muscular than average over a short period of time... When people looking to get in better shape limit their physique goals to that of actors it's just depressing :).

We never get someone coming on here saying "I want to fix my diet and training to look like that guy from Predator"...

Kev M wrote: »

We never get someone coming on here saying "I want to fix my diet and training to look like that guy from Predator"...

Kevin Peter Hall? Animal that fella, lol
    Kevin%20Peter%20Hall%20and%20The%20PRedator.jpg
    tumblr_llznc7kFbQ1qa6vfpo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Christian Bale is the new Brad Pitt.

Discuss.

OP this is huge:

image002.jpg

Aspire to that.:D

Wondering who is the biggest bodybuilder (mass for height or whatever way you reckon). Lots of people still saying Ronnie Coleman. Any thoughts?

Greg Kovacs, video says 180kg off season or 2&1/3 the weight of Brad Pit probably.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

squod wrote: »
    Wondering who is the biggest bodybuilder (mass for height or whatever way you reckon). Lots of people still saying Ronnie Coleman. Any thoughts?

Greg Kovacs, video says 180kg off season or 2&1/3 the weight of Brad Pit probably.

On a lb of muscle per inch of height basis, probably markus ruhl at his peak. Maybe Paul Dillet.

Advertisement