Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandra and Lloyds Wedding ??

Options
  • 05-08-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Has anyone else spotted the signs around town? At all the major roundabouts coming in from Oranmore right up to the Ardilaun Hotel directing people to the reception and then back out of town again!

There are big yellow arrows indicating all the exits and turns they need to take too.
    It's bizarre. There's about 4 around my road alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Has anyone else spotted the signs around town? At all the major roundabouts coming in from Oranmore right up to the Ardilaun Hotel directing people to the reception and then back out of town again!

There are big yellow arrows indicating all the exits and turns they need to take too.
    It's bizarre. There's about 4 around my road alone.

See this quite often, obliously wedding guest's are out-of-towners and the bride & groom dont want them getting lost. Sounds like good organisation to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Lets gate crash it.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Bride2012

Good idea as long as they are taken down afterwards. There were some left up in my area for months and eventually I got fed up and removed them with a leatherman myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Lets gate crash it.

Feck that. Redirect the signs to somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,491 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Feck that. Redirect the signs to somewhere else.

Limerick ? :D

• Advertisement

Its common, especially when country churches in the middle of nowhere are involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

There are signs outside the Presentation primary and secondary schools saying 'Parking for Sandra and Lloyd's Wedding'. The wedding must be in St. Josephs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I was at a wedding a few weeks ago whereby the groom texted me Sat Nav co-ordinates for the location. God be with the old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Limerick ? :D
    See you there:D

ErnieBert wrote: »
    I was at a wedding a few weeks ago whereby the groom texted me Sat Nav co-ordinates for the location. God be with the old days.

Smoke signals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

I have to say that's well organised. I even saw signs on Taylors Hill complete with traffic light symbols for those who couldn't even follow simple yellow arrows to the Ardilaun.

When I first saw the yellow arrows I thought it must be a major movie production.

Well done, Sandra and Lloyd, every happiness!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

A bit OTT tbh. How frickin' hard can it be to get from St. Josephs (Pres for parking) to the Ardilaun hotel?

Fair play to them and all, but it'd prob have been cheaper to give the drivers a few Sat Nav's :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Hope the Council tracks them down and fines them for each illegally erected sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

snubbleste wrote: »
    Hope the Council tracks them down and fines them for each illegally erected sign.

Lighten up a bit ffs. So long as they take them down I don't see the problem. That is, provided they DO take them down, otherwise i'm with you

snubbleste wrote: »

Jesus%20Wept.jpg

Where do you stop?
    Signs to the local video rental store, u-16 irish regional cooking competition, lawn-mowing competition location, bee-keepers auction, directions to dublin, a supermacs, free kittens etc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I give them 6 months.

I give them 6 months.
    in Mountjoy?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

I give them 6 months.

Laughed out loud!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I wonder if there having Beef or Salmon.

• Advertisement

I wonder if we're having Beef or Salmon.
    Fixed that for you;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sandra got around fairly handy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

I work with Sandra. I dont see the need to be moaning about the signs as long as they are taken down. Her husbands family and friends are not from Galway and they were obviously trying to make it easier for them.

I work with Sandra. I dont see the need to be moaning about the signs as long as they are taken down. Her husbands family and friends are not from Galway and they were obviously trying to make it easier for them.
    What if everyone having a wedding in Galway decided to put up these signs for every weekend?

We'd have lovely arrows everywhere. Beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

It does seem a bit like they wanted to "advertise" that they were getting wed, but the signs were harmless. Just hope other couples don't copy them.

We'd have lovely arrows everywhere. Beautiful
    And confusing and distracting for drivers

Oh Dear

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sword of light

Seems to me, the organisers of Galway City Marathon need to get a hold of Sandra and Lloyd and get them to put a decent traffic management plan together for them so people can run next year........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

Predalien wrote: »
    It does seem a bit like they wanted to "advertise" that they were getting wed, but the signs were harmless. Just hope other couples don't copy them.

These signs have been used for yonks in country areas. They're almost as common as roadside bonfires to welcome the couple home.

Advertisement