Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record player help

Options
  • 05-08-2011 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

hey all, sorry if this is in the wrong section but im trying to restore my grand dads old record player, it came with another big radio/tape unit but my grand dad threw that out, so, i cut the end of the power lead and attached a 11v plug onto it, it worked but it was too fast, and it was playing backwards, the button to control the speed is also not working either, so i then attached a 9v battery but same thing, any help? :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Budah

oh and its a
    JVC AL-E21 HiFi Turntable

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭brownmini

Budah wrote: »
    oh and its a
    JVC AL-E21 HiFi Turntable

Hello there.

Just did a quick scan on EBAY and there's one there for 24 quid.

Unless your snags are really simple to fix then I doubt it would be cost
    efficient to repair it - will probably be cheaper to buy a second hand one.

If you wish to keep your Grandad's one working then use the parts from
    a second hand one to fix the other one but it'll probably be the cheapest
    option either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Budah wrote: »
    hey all, sorry if this is in the wrong section but im trying to restore my grand dads old record player, it came with another big radio/tape unit but my grand dad threw that out, so, i cut the end of the power lead and attached a 11v plug onto it, it worked but it was too fast, and it was playing backwards, the button to control the speed is also not working either, so i then attached a 9v battery but same thing, any help? :/
    What's an 11v plug? A listing on eBay shows that this requires a 12V power supply. The fly lead from the turntable seems to plug into a male jack. If the turntable is going in reverse, then you have the polarity of the power supply wrong. You will need a phono amplifier into which you connect the RCA leads from the turntable also before you will be able to play any records.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Wow good luck to you getting her going :)

I love my record player and listen to it often!!

Advertisement