Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star King Headford road

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Ive been there twice for the lunch menu my wife and kids love it.

Personally I think if the food was hotter rather than tepid warm it would be really excellent, but they will microwave your plate if you ask them.

Other than that I cannot fault the place, the decor and staff are friendly and the value for money is excellent.

The marshmallows and the chocolate fountain are yum

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TobyZiegler

So Jonjo, you couldn't wait to try the place and then you found out they do tesco ice-cream and suddenly not only do you refuse to go there but you want to call the health inspectors!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

Dam right and i found out who runs the place tonight, runs a few other places as well and lets just say there aint a lot of class in them.
    I would love to know have they been visited by food inspectors yet, must put in a call to make sure they make a visit to them.
    Of course if everything is above board they have nothing to worry about.

Whos lacking class now

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Page 32 of today's Advertiser takes the (chocolate!) cake:

"Pan Asian" now encompasses Italian and Irish, as well as "Japenese" :D

Like their idea of children under 1.5m eating for 1/2 price though, more sensible than an age limit. (I wonder what they'd say if a dwarf ... a real one, not KD sized, went in.)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

I visited last sunday.. Amazing, food was yum, choc fountain well its a choc fountain!!! The decor is amazing, I actually felt like I was on holidays in the place.

Ill let Zoidberg sum it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-52R32_nV_w

• Advertisement

Was just down there an hour ago so currently satiated.
    Happy to report food was tasty and hot, traffic was a nightmare though with the school runs starting up again.

There now. All the dishes are now labeled. The food is hotter and better than before.
    I had shredded peiking chicken it was really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Any improvement in the veggie choices down there if you get a chance to look?

Any improvement in the veggie choices down there if you get a chance to look?

Stir fry mix veg, and tofu mix veg. Thats all I can see both soups contain meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Went there today with my two mates. Un-friggin-believable!

Food was all labelled so I wasn't gambling with what I was eating. Everything was really tasty and hot. They brought fresh stuff out pretty often.

Chocolate fountain was savage.

Couldn't walk I was so full, had to move like a primitive cave man to get to the car.

Best 16 beans I ever spent!

• Advertisement

I was there again this afternoon, spare ribs and beef with black bean was yum, I will have to get myself barred out of the place or I will bust my gut in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Is the 1e pints offer still going?

From what I can see... yes.

Was there again on Sunday.

Everything was lovely. There was no 1e pints though.

Only thing I didn't like was the group of people who were of a certain ethnic group who were taking the pi$$.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Only thing I didn't like was the group of people who were of a certain ethnic group who were taking the pi$$.

By eating all they could? :pac:

JohnCleary wrote: »
    By eating all they could? :pac:

Nah they were trying to stick their heads under the fountain !

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

I went for lunch and thought it was great. Sushi is basic but perfectly acceptable. Fried noodles were lovely, as were satay chicken sticks.
    As part of a balanced diet etc..:). 9.50 no complaints!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Went there today with my two mates. Un-friggin-believable!

Food was all labelled so I wasn't gambling with what I was eating. Everything was really tasty and hot. They brought fresh stuff out pretty often.

Chocolate fountain was savage.

Couldn't walk I was so full, had to move like a primitive cave man to get to the car.

Best 16 beans I ever spent!

I was one of those friends. The poor guy nearly had to be airlifted out of Star King.

But yeah. It really was amazing. I've never eaten so much in one sitting as the food really was very nice, frequently topped up and the staff service was fantastic. Will be back soon, but I don't think it's something you'd want to do too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Buddly

Food was poor quality. One or two things I had were disgusting. The grill was nice though and a few tasty things as well.

I noticed some of the food was not hot enough as well.

Overall, VERY hit and miss, don't think I'll be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Was there Sunday, 15E is pricy but managed three plates :)

a3c29_thumb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

biko wrote: »
    Was there Sunday, 15E is pricy but managed three plates :)

a3c29_thumb.jpg
    15 quid for 3 plates is pricey?
    Not sure how much cheaper you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭Guffy

what time do they kick you out after lunch. if i get in at say 4 or twenty past do they kick you out then when dinner starts and 5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mikeyek4

I have being there 6-8 times
    food nearly always seems to be tepid cold ,, no matter if i go there for lunch or an evening meal ,, thats the only thing that puts us off going there
    its worth the 8.99 but not worth 15.99 in my opinion

deserts are not great quality at all

and no chicken balls either

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

mikeyek4 wrote: »
    and no chicken balls either

No Chicken Balls!?! FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Maybe they only use female chickens?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 damodai

Hi,
    is this place any good ? thinking of going there with a crowd over the weekend

damodai

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I haven't been there as I am very wary of places that offer everything from Italian to Thai. Also I have yet to visit* an all-you-can-eat restaurant that offers good quality food.
    Would love to hear what others think of it!

*haven't been to one in ages, I'm not a broke student anymore:o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yeah, I've commented before that I wasn't aware of Italy being in Asia!

But I guess it's the sort of meal-out that suits some folks, so I hope they enjoy themselves there.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Yeah I saw that was also Italian, but what in there is?

Was it the King Prawns?, the chicken curry?

Ah it must have been the Dolmio Singapore Noodles!

• Advertisement

Also I have yet to visit* an all-you-can-eat restaurant that offers good quality food.

Tulsi Indian Restaurant round the corner from the Augustine Church. Sundays between 1pm and 4pm. I was there last Sunday and was genuinely blown away by the quality of food, service and hospitality, especially with what I've come to expect from other all-you-can-eat buffets... well, Star King anyway...

Selection isn't as vast as Star King, but there should be something to satisfy everyone, whether you like spicy food or not. 13 beans well spent, as you essentially get a starter, main course and tea/coffee for that price.

Advertisement