Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

view my bill without going paperless

• 05-08-2011 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi how can I view my esb bill on-line and still get paper bill, as I want to pay through the post office but need to check if house mates are paying their share?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I wanted this too but was told it was on-line and paperless, or just paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

Go paperless but get an easypay card for the Post Office.

Don'y want to pay by easypay. I'm Direct Debit but want a paper bill. Eircom do it so why can't Electric Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Morning all,

Do you have access to a printer? The barcode for scanning in the post office is encoded on the bill's .PDF.

Here is a link to a sample online bill.

Regards :)
    Una

Thanks Una but I want to receive a bill in the post (as I do at present) and be able to check consumption history etc on-line. Eircom do it; why not Electric Ireland? You seem to allow only one extreme or the other.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

If you have paper bills you have consumption history. What is to be gained by looking online?
    Eircom will probably allow you to see your current usage but ESB aren't, as far as I know, on direct meter reading; yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

... I want to receive a bill in the post (as I do at present) and be able to check consumption history etc on-line. Eircom do it; why not Electric Ireland? You seem to allow only one extreme or the other.

Hi Jeremias Billions Tiling,

We will certainly see that your feedback is taken into consideration, but at the moment unfortunately it is either ebills or paper bills. The rationale behind electronic/online billing is to save on paper and the associated administration costs; this benefits the environment but also the customer in a less obvious way, as savings can be passed on.

I understand though where you're coming from; access to the usage history (and the nice graph that goes with it :)) is good to have in its own right. I realise this may be a round-about way of doing things, but have you considered signing up for online billing, and whenever you get a notification of a new bill, requesting our e-service team to print it out and send it to you? Either that, or printing it manually yourself - a full colour pdf is available online for each bill, and it is essentially the same bill that would be sent to you by post if you were not signed up to online billing.

Hope this is of some help,

Regards,

David.

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    If you have paper bills you have consumption history. What is to be gained by looking online?
    Eircom will probably allow you to see your current usage but ESB aren't, as far as I know, on direct meter reading; yet.

:rolleyes: Consumption history means just that: a history over time of your consumption including graphs e.g. for the past 2 years. You can see it on-line with Electric Ireland. Direct meter reading has absolutley nothing to do with anything mentioned here. I do know what I'm talking about and thankfully so do Una and Sean - unlike you. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Consumption history means just that: a history over time of your consumption including graphs e.g. for the past 2 years. You can see it on-line with Electric Ireland. Direct meter reading has absolutley nothing to do with anything mentioned here. I do know what I'm talking about and thankfully so do Una and Sean - unlike you. :rolleyes:
    I wasn't aware that graphs were part of the deal. Maybe the same as what I have on a spreadsheet, or is there something else?
    Goodnight!

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    I wasn't aware that graphs were part of the deal. Maybe the same as what I have on a spreadsheet, or is there something else?
    Goodnight!

Keep 2 years worth of ESB bills to hand do you? You may like to go on-line to see all the terrific functionality offered to on-line customers of Electric Ireland. I reckon I could buy and sell you when it comes to spreadsheets by the way! No need for the smart ass attitude.

• Advertisement

Keep 2 years worth of ESB bills to hand do you?
    Yes.
    You may like to go on-line to see all the terrific functionality offered to on-line customers of Electric Ireland.
    I can't see anything of interest listed in 'Why switch to online billing?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 moonshiner

Why not use the bord gais billing model?
    Each payment is dated and written down individually - clear and easy to understand!
    What's the problem with that - it is convenient for the customer, especially my household which has a mix of older and young residents, elderly residents prefer paper bills.

Advertisement