Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Hardy - what you think?

• 05-08-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Well, he came onto my radar with a boom with his performance in Inception - have seen him in a few other films, and he really is more than just a pretty face, he really can act. Lots coming up for him too - what does everyone think of him?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

You've no links.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:mad:

Tom Hardy

Liked him in Star Trek Nemesis as Picards Clone but can't say I noticed him in anything else though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

He was good in The Take on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

He was good in The Take on tv.

He was, wasn't he? Proper scary physco!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Excellent actor looking forward to seeing him as Bane in TDKR next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 Robinwood

To be frank, Personally i don't like him at all but if we go towards the Acting... He is COOL ! Like his acting a lot ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

He kinda scares me...he was a proper thug in The Take! Maybe he's jsut a really good actor :D Also saw him in Wuthering Heights. Funnily enough his girlfriend, Charlotte Riley, starred in both of those productions with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

Sooopie wrote: »
    Well, he came onto my radar with a boom with his performance in Inception - have seen him in a few other films, and he really is more than just a pretty face, he really can act. Lots coming up for him too - what does everyone think of him?

I saw him in "The Virgin Queen", and he was perfect for the role. Normally, his character (Robert Dudley, Earl of Liecester and alleged "squeeze" of Elizabeth I), comes across as a total, love-lorn sap. But Hardy was brilliant and made the role (that has been done by so many other A-list actors) his own.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 shellyhowell

I think he's good yeah. Very versatile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

He is a dish, and a heck of an actor too. Love him.

I know everyone's seen "Inception"; check out "Bronson", "RocknRolla", "Tinker Tailor..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Bronson is a fairly thin film on paper, but his performance turns it into something else altogether. Amazing presence.

• Advertisement

Looks like he going for action rom com route as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

^^^ looks brilliant. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Toppy

loved him in Inception and thought he was bloody brillant in Warrior. he's a brillant actor, seems to put alot into the characters he plays...plus he's bloody gorgeous! can't wait to see him as Bane next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

damp...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

superstar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

He came across as a muppet on the Jonathon Ross show. Ross played a clip of him back in the day and he took a swerious hump with it.
    every time il see him now, il just think-no sense of humour/twat.

He came across as a muppet on the Jonathon Ross show. Ross played a clip of him back in the day and he took a swerious hump with it.
    every time il see him now, il just think-no sense of humour/twat.

Was that not all planned by Hardy and Ross?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

No chance. He geniunely didnt know that was gonna be shown. I know exactly why he was pi55ed. He's sitting there with 2 huge actors/actress in Denzel and Kiera and he was shown to be a sorta fame seeking wannabe back in the day.

No chance. He geniunely didnt know that was gonna be shown. I know exactly why he was pi55ed. He's sitting there with 2 huge actors/actress in Denzel and Kiera and he was shown to be a sorta fame seeking wannabe back in the day.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2096554/Tom-Hardy-Jonathan-Ross-Actor-left-embarrassed-modelling-footage.html

So it wasnt an act :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Hawkward!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Only seen him in Inception and Wuthering Heights and he was good in both. I'm not sure if either role stretched the acting muscles though so I might need to see some of the more acclaimed roles before I can decide on how I feel about him as an actor.

As a person I don't like him much though. He's not as hot as he's made out to be, and just something sort of sleezy about him whenever I've seen him. Can't quite put my finger on it.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Only seen him in Inception and Wuthering Heights and he was good in both. I'm not sure if either role stretched the acting muscles though so I might need to see some of the more acclaimed roles before I can decide on how I feel about him as an actor.

As a person I don't like him much though. He's not as hot as he's made out to be, and just something sort of sleezy about him whenever I've seen him. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Check out his film Warrior

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Excellent actor.

Been one of my faves for a little while now, since I noticed him in The Take, then a few other things

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jasonpat

He have good carrier till now and peoples hope he will do better in future too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Two words....Yum,Yum :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 elle150

TOM HARDY Is HOT!!!!!!!!. Saw him in Tinker Talior Soldier Spy, was brilliant. Saw him in the Dark Knight Rises. ****ing Scary!!! And thats just the expression with his eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

Tom Hardy is such a chameleon, he is a breath of fresh air to the industry. He has worked his way up the ladder steadily on screen and in theatre the last 10 years. He's a recovered addict and a really fascinating guy to read about, his honesty is quite unique and charming.

If you want to get a grasp of his range then check out "Stuart: A life backwards", where he plays a homeless guy with muscular dystrophy. It is harrowing, funny and thought provoking, Tom's performance is superb. Tom has been involved with the homeless charity "Flack" ever since he filmed Stuart in Cambridge.

A must to see is "Bronson", which is my personal favourite and the film which has made me a huge fan of his work. I also love Warrior, especially his scenes with Nick Nolte, such powerful performances from both of them. He is so evil and menacing in "The Take", a mini series that even Michael Caine said made his portrayal of gansters look like Mary Poppins.

Of course, he's fantastic as Bane in TDKR, what that man can do with his eyes and gestures alone is fairly impressive, not to mention his voice work which I thought was a very clever way to interpret Bane's character.

Finally, Lawless looks great and was well received in Cannes back in May. I hope he gets all the recognition he deserves, as I think he is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

He's been excellent in anything I've seen him in. Great actor imo

He really is a talented actor.
    Warrior was an excellent movie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Brilliant actor, did an excellent job with Bane.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Klaas

He's a great actor. His main asset is his versatility. At The Dark Knight Rises although he couldn't speak, his expressions made the job. Also at Bronson and Inception he was quite good. An upcoming star.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭xtinataguba

a good actor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I'm not a film buff but caught Batman: The Dark Knight Rises during the week and was staggered by Tom Hardy's performance in it. Loved his airhead thug turn in Tinker, Tailor... too.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Lemonperv

He didn't grab my attention at all in Inception. I think I was too busy staring at my crush, JGL.

I'll have to check out Bronson and a few of the other films mentioned here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Feets

One of the best actors at the moment. When I fist saw Wuthering Heights, with him in it, I was not looking forward to this fella I hadn't heard of neing Heathcliff and didnt even look like Heathcliff is described. That went out the window when he was on, he blew me away. He is astonishing. Bit of an interesting life he has had, which can sometime make for odd interviews. Doesn't take away from his acting. He is in my top three.

He was also very good in Martin Cole's "The Take"

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

Yes he was brilliant in "The Take" and "Wuthering Heights". He steals the show as Forrest in "Lawless" too.

Also Warrior nom,nom

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

^ I concur

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 HelloGiggles

He was brilliant in Lawless. It's probably the one film from 2012 I want to see again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

He was brilliant in Lawless. It's probably the one film from 2012 I want to see again!

+1,000,000!! That is my film of the year, just brilliant and he gives an outstanding performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 HelloGiggles

Absolutely agree!

He is a very good actor.. And i'm a little more impressed that he is isn't just letting his looks carry him in hollywood. Isn't it fantastic when an actor is commented on for their work as appose to their face? Lets hope he continues with films as good as Lawless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Think he's a brilliant actor, one of the best around at the moment.
    Warrior is one of my favourite films of the last couple of years, and I don't even like cage fighting.

Advertisement