Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what cost, reseeding?

• 05-08-2011 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hi lads, just wondering how much does it cost to reseed per acre, starting with spraying
    ploughing
    tilling
    fert
    lime
    grass seed
    have a bit to do, rough costings will do, with a contractor doing all of the above. all figures appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Anything from 200-250 an acre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭stanflt

hi lads, just wondering how much does it cost to reseed per acre, starting with spraying
    ploughing
    tilling
    fert
    lime
    grass seed
    have a bit to do, rough costings will do, with a contractor doing all of the above. all figures appreciated.

ploughing 32+vat
    tilling 25+
    fert 18/6/12 3bags and can 2/bags 100/acre
    lime 66/acre 3ton
    grass seed 55/acre tyrella luycerne and navan etc

3 ton of lime/acre :eek: I was always told that anything over 2 ton of lime/acre in one application was only waste as it doesn't get used up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭stanflt

3 ton of lime/acre :eek: I was always told that anything over 2 ton of lime/acre in one application was only waste as it doesn't get used up.

soil test

stanflt wrote: »
    soil test
    So, if the soil test says you need 3 tonne of lime/acre you spread in 2 applications over 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

be very careful about lime applications advice from your 20 quid soil tests, over application of lime will do more harm than good. I had to do soil tests for a few fields of my land for another reason and they recommended me to spread about 5 tons per acre but the Ph of the soil is low due to other reasons and its most definitely not short of calcium over loaded if anything

I was quoted a crazy price for seed today, if you taught seed in the spring was dear your in for a fright

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Ya they're all blaming high grain prices, I wonder is it worth looking into importing it from uk?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Corkfarmer

I checked the price of seed today in the co-op €61 a bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rivervalley

thanks for the replies. food for thought, iv never reseeded before, some of my land hasnt been stirred in 40 years or more. i assume the results will be enormous???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

thanks for the replies. food for thought, iv never reseeded before, some of my land hasnt been stirred in 40 years or more. i assume the results will be enormous???

maybe,maybe not, if its looked after correctly then definitely yes, if its just left plodding along reseeding is a waste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

if its looked after correctly

What would you consider looking after it properly Bob?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭funny man

ploughing
    tilling
    fert
    lime
    grass seed

spraying €8
    ploughing €35
    tilling xonce €35
    fert €8
    lime spread €6/ton
    grass seeding €18
    seed/bag €55
    fert 10;10;20 €67.5
    sprays pre&post €20
    lime €40 approx
    rolling not needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rivervalley

thanks 4 that funnyman, super post. just wondering which is the best time of year to reseed, or does it depend on certain things . would it be better getting a summers grazing and reseeding in the fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭funny man

i reseed in both april and july-Aug with good sucess and on occasions ran to late september and all done fine, i believe the key to reseeding is the management afterwards, post emergence spray, grazing early and often, extra nitrogen and if possible no cutting.

Advertisement