Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Nuvi 765T NMEA Output

Options
  • 05-08-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

as title does the 765T have NMEA output through the micro usb port, i have a converter cable currently being used on a nuvi 350

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You typically only get NMEA these days from non-display devices like Bluetooth GPS receivers. I was able to get NMEA from the original (yellow) eTrex but I haven't seen that functionality on any subsequent Garmins.

I have an eTrex Legend C these days and can't see any menu option to output NMEA nor can do you it from my Nuvi 255.

What target do you have in mind for an NMEA data stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

its to run aprs over rf, i have it running with the nuvi350 it has fleetsync or something on it which allows nmea output, just fancied and] upgrade as i beleive the nuvi 750 also has nmea

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I don't understand, can you say what the target device is (in plain English if possible) and will it accept a data feed via Bluetooth?

I know 'rf' refers to 'radio frequency' but you shouldn't assume that everyone understands all of those acronyms you're using.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

You may have to play about in diagnostic mode to set it up. Have a look here and here if you have not seen it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

thanks everyone for the replies, ive checked out them links and it should then work with the converter lead i have, hopefully.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement