Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farms selling direct

Options
  • 05-08-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any farms (prefer north cork) which will butcher and sell meat direct to the public?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

BrianjG wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any farms (prefer north cork) which will butcher and sell meat direct to the public?

Jack Mc Carthy in Kanturk would be worth a try. He is a butcher/farmer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

Palmers post office and shop in New-twopothouse some of the best steaks ever, think they butcher their own, but I'm open to correction..
    2nd Jack McCarthy's Kanturk about as good as it get, almost everything is local some great Angus steaks from a local prize herd.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

i know the butcher across from supervalue in kanturk has their own abattoir,theyre very nice in there its worth enquiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

supervalue where?

BrianjG wrote: »
    supervalue where?

In Kanturk its beside the credit union. As above poster said they are very nice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Would second both Jack MacCarthy and Cronin s in Kanturk, they are both excellent and have own abbotoirs. Jack MacCarthy has own website and facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

thanks all, just checked the prices for Jack McCarthy on his site and they are crazy! (for steak anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

i would pick cronins over jack mac carty, better meat and killed local, there is also a woman in newmarket that keeps organic lambs, beef pork etc, gets all her stuff killed and butchered local and sells through farmers markets and from the farm yard as far as i know

jap gt wrote: »
    i would pick cronins over jack mac carty, better meat and killed local, there is also a woman in newmarket that keeps organic lambs, beef pork etc, gets all her stuff killed and butchered local and sells through farmers markets and from the farm yard as far as i know

+1 on that..

Advertisement