Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Made A Dogs Dinner Of My Lawn - Need Help!

Options
  • 05-08-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

I bought a new lawnmower a few weeks ago, and started using it without taking stock of the blade settings. Turned out that the blade was set for the tightest possible cut, and ended up taking literally chunks of the grass away as you can see from the various photos. The harm was done before I realised. This was pure stupid on my part, so I don't need to be told it by anyone else! :P

Anyways ever since I have been trying to retrieve the situation by using B&Q Lawn Restorer, lawn feed, and keeping it moist during dry periods. It says on the Law Restorer pack that you should see new grass growing between 14 and 21 days depending on weather conditions. I put down the Lawn Restorer 14 days ago, and as you can see there are no results yet......

Can anyone suggest other solutions?

Its got to the stage where I am trying to avoid having people around as it is a pure embarassment!

Please help someone!

cheers folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Have some patience...
    You've done the best you can, just wait and it will come back...

If anyone comments tell them you gave some young fella down the road a few €'s to cut the lawn and he made the mess..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Dont panic, I did something similar to my lawn a couple of weeks ago for all sorts of daft reasons, the main one being that we had been doing some work and there were some kind of earthy bits ... anyway I ignored it and it has grown back no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

it'll be back to normal in a week esp with the rain

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭The Garden Shop

Hi PGL,

Take the opportunity now to do some other lawn up-keep, now that it doesnt look so good anyway. You could aerate your lawn which is really a beneficial thing to do for your grass but can leave some unsightly marks for a few days, but if the lawn doesn't look its best for you at the moment it should not make much difference anyway. It'll all be back to normal before you know it.

Advertisement