Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

criminal records check

Options
  • 05-08-2011 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Hi not sure if this is the right place to ask. Mods feel free to move as such:

I need to find out if I can do a check on an ex jailbird who is causing problems for my family. He is from Cork and is turning out to be a thorn in everyones side as he is involved with a vulnerable member of my family.

The personal stuff aside: I am asking and wondering if it would be possible to find out if it is actually possible for myself as an individual to do a check on public records to find out what he was in jail for.

Thanks for any help on this. I have genuine concerns for asking for this advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Do you know any one in The Gardai personally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

I know a detective now that you mention it. But I am concerned that it would be a pressure on him to do something which would risk his job?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

There is no legal way for you to get that kind of information. It's also illegal for a garda to disclose that information to you which, if caught, would result in disciplinary action against him and possibly a civil lawsuit in the high court.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Thanks: that is what I wanted to know. I will close it at that so. I wont even ask my garda friend for this info as it would comprimise his job.

I will just have to deal with the individual in my own way in time. Thanks for the concise advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SandStone

Maybe you could search online newspaper archives for the court case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

google his name:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement