Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I downloaded 15gb of movies/ tv seasons yesterday, will my bill be up the roof?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

dave1982 wrote: »
    With pure myself,so no 15 gig is nothing but a good days d/l:D
    :rolleyes:
    AdamD wrote: »
    15gb is standard days downloading
    :rolleyes:
    dave1982 wrote: »
    One month i went to nearly 1tb thats 1000gigs.

No extra charge
    On what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

i call porkies on the 1tb. especially 1tb with no repercussion from the ISP.

i have 4 people in my house who often reinstall all their steam games from formatting HDD's etc which amounts to maybe 80gb at most each, i have a server HTPC constantly downloading movies/tv shows (3-10gb max a day), streaming BBC iPlayer programs etc,
    sky player on the xbox360 which is on one of the movie channels 24/7 with each movie pulling in around 1.2gb, on top of normal youtube/browsing for 4 people, and i doubt ive ever got over 500gb. i do have the 100mbit UPC package for a reason though.

to get 1Tb you need to be downloading over 34Gb a day for a month.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    i call porkies on the 1tb. especially 1tb with no repercussion from the ISP.

i have 4 people in my house who often reinstall all their steam games from formatting HDD's etc which amounts to maybe 80gb at most each, i have a server HTPC constantly downloading movies/tv shows (3-10gb max a day), streaming BBC iPlayer programs etc,
    sky player on the xbox360 which is on one of the movie channels 24/7 with each movie pulling in around 1.2gb, on top of normal youtube/browsing for 4 people, and i doubt ive ever got over 500gb. i do have the 100mbit UPC package for a reason though.

to get 1Tb you need to be downloading over 34Gb a day for a month.

wow intresting, yeah i agree with the 1tb!! so hopefully after hearing your story i will be safe:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Fail thread is fail. Start another thread about illegal downloading and be banned from here permanently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement