Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flora Light Spread in Dunnes Stores

Options
  • 06-08-2011 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

Regular price was €1.31 per 500g

Three months ago jumped to €1.51, then €1.71.

Last month jumped to €2.09

Now "save" with new lower price of €1.46.

This fook-ology with price will only drive customers away. Cop on Dunnes Stores, stop turning into Harvey Norman and Tescos.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nuala0703

It's not just Dunnes that increased the price, Tesco and Superquinn are also charging 2.09, Londis are charging 2.27.
    Dunnes were charging 1.46 recently but that offer is finished, but Tesco have 2 for €3, think the offer will finish on tuesday, and Londis also have an offer, the 1kg tub for €3.
    2.09 is certainly a rip off and there's no way I'd pay that much, so buy a lot of it when I find it on 'offer' which is just bringing it back to what we should be paying for it anyway.
    I also use the Flora cooking oil, usually 2.19 per 1 litre bottle, went to buy it in Dunnes this week, noticed it had gone to 2.69 per bottle,no way was I going to pay an extra 50c per bottle, I went home and checked tesco.ie and superquinn.ie , and both of them are also charging 2.69.
    Will just buy other brand instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

I wrote to Lever Brothers and got this reply......
    Hello from Flora
    Dear ***,

Thank you for your recent email. We were sorry to learn of your disappointment.

A recent increase in the cost of oils and plastics have led to a significant rise in our manufacturing costs. While we are always looking to find ways to prevent putting our prices up - unfortunately there is only so much we can do and, like others across the food industry we are faced cost with inflation beyond what we are able to save over the same period. Therefore we have increased the price we charge retailers for our products. However, the final price that the consumer pays for the product on shelf is something that is at the discretion of the retailer.

I do hope this information helps you, and if we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Kerrie Arnold
    Careline Advisor

Just stop buying it - I haven't bought it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Can't comment on flora but oils did go up a fair bit in the last few weeks, heard loads of people complaining about it. It was about 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

juuge wrote: »
    Therefore we have increased the price we charge retailers for our products.
    But as usual the "messenger" gets shot in the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

rubadub wrote: »

Bull... they increased the price, just to appear they were putting it "on offer" a few weeks after. This fookacting with price in order to appear cheaper is only a con-job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

rubadub wrote: »

This is not necessarily true . - Suppliers have set prices with retailers , and are very slow to pass on increases to retailers .

As you may know , prices fluctuate up and down , especially the price of oils .

Suppliers cannot be going to their customers week-in week-out and informing them of price increases / price deductions .

Therefore , you will find that in most cases , the increases on the supermarket shelf are mainly at the discretion of the retailer , and believe me , the retailer will increase his prices / decrease his prices depending on demand / seasonal adjustments etc .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

nuala0703 wrote: »
    I also use the Flora cooking oil, usually 2.19 per 1 litre bottle, went to buy it in Dunnes this week, noticed it had gone to 2.69 per bottle,no way was I going to pay an extra 50c per bottle, I went home and checked tesco.ie and superquinn.ie , and both of them are also charging 2.69.
    Will just buy other brand instead.

yeah, seems to be alot of "price matching" going on between the big 3, on the verge of price fixing

Advertisement