Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I ordered this, nothing special

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

The chip i would imagne comes with a standard manufactures fan. Would only need to upgrade it if you plan to overclocker the pc at a later stage so as to get better cooling.
    As for hdmi on the case. Looks more like usb slot at the front and didnt notice any metion of hdmi on the other case only usb also. Any hdmi slot i would reckon would be on the Graphics card and the one you have picked appear to have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

The chip i would imagne comes with a standard manufactures fan. Would only need to upgrade it if you plan to overclocker the pc at a later stage so as to get better cooling.
    As for hdmi on the case. Looks more like usb slot at the front and didnt notice any metion of hdmi on the other case only usb also. Any hdmi slot i would reckon would be on the Graphics card and the one you have picked appear to have one.
    I don't plan on overclocking it, not straight away anyway so I could leave the heatsink for an upgrade down the road so.

HWVS could really do with updating their descriptions abit. Especially on the cases.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Cheaper graphics card if you are dead cert you will be doiing no gaming perhaps? If HD playback is the most intensive thing it will be doing then something like a €35 HD6450 would do a fine job for years to come. Cases donnt ever have HDMI slots they would always be on either the motherboard port panel at the rear of the case if it has integrated graphics or the graphics card itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

If it's just web browsing/movies, you don't need anything nearly as powerful as the 2500K. Save €80 and get an SSD instead.

http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=41220&agid=1617

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Serephucus wrote: »
    If it's just web browsing/movies, you don't need anything nearly as powerful as the 2500K. Save €80 and get an SSD instead.

http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=41220&agid=1617

+1 !

Also maybe you want to find a case with USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed-USB) port at the front?
    well this mobo has USB 2.0 internal connectors but additional USB 3.0 cards around 15eur there.

Another thing about case - its much more convenient to use top front connectors if the case is placed on floor , like this Xigmatek or even better this Cooler Master ;)

• Advertisement

So I swapped the graphics (Sapphire RADEON HD 6450) and dropped down to an i5-2300, I just noticed the Card reader doesn't list support for Windows 7,
    Apple MacOS X, Microsoft Windows XP 64-bit Edition, Microsoft Windows XP SP1, Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4 or later, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit versions), SuSE Linux Kernel 2.4.1 or later
    should I change it for this one. It was recommended in other builds though....maybe it does work?

If I get an SSD (It's around €100 for a good one?)I'll still have to buy a bigger normal drive so I'll just keep the Terabyte I think.

I'll keep the case, thanks for suggestions!!:)

The card reader will work fine. They all just use generic Windows drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭weisses

I would go for a nice cheap amd setup with ssd in it

So I swapped the graphics (Sapphire RADEON HD 6450) and dropped down to an i5-2300,

Keep 2500k cmoon :) and get Z68 chipset board where is VGA DVI and HDMI ports integrated, so you don't need separate slow graphic card?
    AFAIK intel's integrated 3000 should run HD stuff etc just fine.. then could upgrade to proper gfx later if 3000 starts to feel sluggish

freestyla wrote: »
    Keep 2500k cmoon :) and get Z68 chipset board where is VGA DVI and HDMI ports integrated, so you don't need separate slow graphic card?
    AFAIK intel's integrated 3000 should run HD stuff etc just fine.. then could upgrade to proper gfx later if 3000 starts to feel sluggish

2500K for what is, at most, a HTPC? Sure, WMP is multi-threaded now, right? Word? You bet'cha!

Stick with what you've got Hal, it'll do you fine.

• Advertisement

weisses wrote: »
    I would go for a nice cheap amd setup with ssd in it

SSD is good idea indeed.. and SATA600 once price difference to SATA300 is 12eur only..

ASRock 880G Pro3, Sockel AM3+, ATX 78,53 €
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 Box, Sockel AM3 93,50 €
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws-X PC3-12800U CL9 49,77 €
    Corsair Force3 60GB SSD 6,4cm (2,5") SATA600 100,79 €
    --> 322,59 €

This board has integrated Radeon HD 4250.. don't have timeto search is this any good and if it suits OP needs?

and future proof build if taking in concern AM3+ supports next gen AMD bulldozers coming very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I liked the original build best. If gaming is not a factor, then z68 + 2500K + SSD. Even light games are OK.
    The 2500K is far more future "proof" than others. If it's really only basic office stuff, you could scale all the way to a dual core.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭weisses

Monotype wrote: »
    I liked the original build best. If gaming is not a factor, then z68 + 2500K + SSD. Even light games are OK.
    The 2500K is far more future "proof" than others. If it's really only basic office stuff, you could scale all the way to a dual core.

When money is not really a problem this whole thread is a non discussion

Is there a way to cancel an order........or is it just discarded if payment isin't received after a certain time or how does that work?

I don't see an option to delete the original order.....just noticed that it didn't have a VGA port on it either.

Is there a way to cancel an order........or is it just discarded if payment isin't received after a certain time or how does that work?

I don't see an option to delete the original order.....just noticed that it didn't have a VGA port on it either.
    Anyone ever not follow through with an order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Anyone ever not follow through with an order?
    The order is discarded after a while, two weeks iirc, if they don't get payment

The order is discarded after a while, two weeks iirc, if they don't get payment
    Super, thanks Pseudo, great Forum this. Picked up alot this last few weeks reading threads here.

Advertisement