Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota Prius X Parlee Concept Bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

I would have thought that a bike based on a Prius would be some kind of lumpen bike shaped object with some monstrous battery hanging off it? Or am I thinking of a different kind of gruesome pseudo eco-wagon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

That phone would be buggered in no time with our weather. Otherwise...NICE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

... bet the shifting goes on hold when you get a call :D

interesting stuff though, never knew these headsets actually made it to market

http://www.emotiv.com/store/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Nice. Going uphill on the rivet you can think "I want a 32 tooth sprocket" and the sprocket fairy delivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Very safety conscious rider, wearing a helmet on a trainer!!! (I do know it has the brain wave scanner in it:D)
    It's taking the fun out of riding, RUINERS, that's what I say.

PS, Dear Santa, can I please have a workshop just like that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Anyone else think it's slightly counterintuitive?

I mean, the whole point of the Prius is to save energy/fossil fuels. What's more energy saving/fuel efficient than a bike with no electronics?

In order to make a bike more like a Prius, they've added a whole load of battery powered crap!

Although the intelligence is interesting. I suppose eventually we might see pro-team riders having their gears changed (remotely) for them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,724 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I think it's amazing to be honest, like in all fairness who would've thought 5 years ago that we'd be shifting gears by just thinking it?

Of course it's the least practical thing ever, due to pricing/batteries/extra maintenance. I can't see it replacing manual shifting to be honest.

I reckon teams could actually remote shift gears easily right now to be honest, hacking the Di2 system wouldn't actually be that hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Why would you want to remotely shift gears? Unless you were looking to do it to feck up your rivals there would be no point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Doc Daneeka

Would have been interesting to seem them extend the concept to the brakes!

• Advertisement

Beaten to it ;)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73680322

It's not possible to remotely control brakes, the Di2 system is wireless so it was well plausible to hack, but there are no wireless braking systems at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

stetyrrell wrote: »

It's not possible to remotely control brakes, the Di2 system is wireless so it was well plausible to hack, but there are no wireless braking systems at the moment.
    BLAST! (also he figured out how to embed the video...I on the other hand failed and subsequently quit...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

The back brake on a fixie is wireless and thought controlled. ;)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Doc Daneeka

I guess I should have added a smiley.

The back brake on a fixie is wireless and thought controlled. ;)

ALL brakes are wireless, a cable is made up from weaving wires together and I asked very nicely for boardsies and every one else to stop using the term "fixie" it means nothing!!! "Fixed geared bicycle" please:pac:

Holyboy wrote: »
    ALL brakes are wireless, a cable is made up from weaving wires together and I asked very nicely for boardsies and every one else to stop using the term "fixie" it means nothing!!! "Fixed geared bicycle" please:pac:

He was joking as there's no back brake on a fixed gear :D

Yeah I only realised after I posted the Di2's electronic, not wireless.

He was joking as there's no back brake on a fixed gear :D

Yeah I only realised after I posted the Di2's electronic, not wireless.

I know:) Just pointing out a cable isn't a wire!
    And another chance for me to try to stamp out the sickening term "fixie";)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

Still, you understood what I meant.:rolleyes:
    However I will now change all my free wheels and free hubs to free gears.:p
    Oh and twisted or woven?:confused:
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

eddiem74 wrote: »
    control gear shifts with your mind...

Hey I can do that already - I think of a gear and my fingers magically manipulate the shifters

I've been told there are magical conduits called peripheral nerves and muscles involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

When I see the words 'concept' and 'bike' I die a little inside. They're always sh!t.

Still, you understood what I meant.:rolleyes:
    However I will now change all my free wheels and free hubs to free gears.:p
    Oh and twisted or woven?:confused:
    :)

If your gears are free can I have em? And your right,they are twisted:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I asked very nicely for boardsies and every one else to stop using the term "fixie" it means nothing!!! "Fixed geared bicycle" please:pac:

Quite right, a lamentable abbreviation. But whatever form of safety bicycle you ride, it's faster in the city than either a taximeter cabriolet or an omnibus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

But what if, as da brother wondered, the White Bear attacked on an uphill? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Bear_Principle

“Don't think about shifting up 3 gears, Don’t think...”

Advertisement