Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 broadband launching Internet Explorer

Options
  • 06-08-2011 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

I use 02 broadband via a mobile dongle thingy which connects to my PC via a USB cable. I find it way better here in Sth East Meath area than meteor which was brutally bad. One thing that annoys a little is that every time I launch the 02 program and connect to the internet, the 02 program automatically launches Internet Explorer and goes to '02 Treats'. I dont use Int Exploerer as my preferred browser is Chrome. Does anyone know how to deselect this option, I've tried and failed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

JMSE wrote: »
    I use 02 broadband via a mobile dongle thingy which connects to my PC via a USB cable. I find it way better here in Sth East Meath area than meteor which was brutally bad. One thing that annoys a little is that every time I launch the 02 program and connect to the internet, the 02 program automatically launches Internet Explorer and goes to '02 Treats'. I dont use Int Exploerer as my preferred browser is Chrome. Does anyone know how to deselect this option, I've tried and failed?

Is chrome set as your default browser?

Try updating to ie9. Won't need the need for chrome then

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

when i go into 'start, control panel, default programs' chrome doesnt show up something i can select, and i presume IE is the default. How do I undo that in Vita. I find Chrome very good

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Open Google Chrome, click on the spanner in the top right corner, near the bottom of the dropdown grey screen select 'Options'. At the bottom of the next screen there is a grey rectangular button 'Make Google Chrome my default browser', click this button and then launch the O2 program and see what happens.

Advertisement