Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hwvs question

• 06-08-2011 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. First time ordering from hwvs. I sent my payment on thursday via boi 365. Just wondering if hwvs contact you when they get the money or do they just email again when the order is leaving their warehouse? Just havent heard anything yet and i have a bad habit of getting anxious even though its only been two days. Cheers for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Asmodean wrote: »
    Hi guys. First time ordering from hwvs. I sent my payment on thursday via boi 365. Just wondering if hwvs contact you when they get the money or do they just email again when the order is leaving their warehouse? Just havent heard anything yet and i have a bad habit of getting anxious even though its only been two days. Cheers for any help

First time you pay them on a new account it takes them a bit longer to verify the payment, usually 3-4 days. After that it goes through the next day. They will send you an email when it ships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Ah perfect. Thanks for the reply. I can rest easy for the time being so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

I had my first order with them yesterday. Got payment confirmation (paypal) from HV in 1.5 hours, they shipped stuff in 5 hours already - very impressive so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

How did you pay by paypal. I am looking to pay by paypal but from what I get from their FAQ they don't accept [aypal from credit cards, or else I read that wrong

Just got an email! They sent my order half an hour ago! I didnt think they woud work on a saturday. Delighted! Im off work tue and wed. I wonder what would the chances be that it would arrive one of those days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Just got an email! They sent my order half an hour ago! I didnt think they woud work on a saturday. Delighted! Im off work tue and wed. I wonder what would the chances be that it would arrive one of those days?

I got an email aswell at 6 saying my order was dispatched :D I dont know how to use the 'track your shipment' . when i enter the codes at www.dhl.de nothing happens :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Did you pick the build option because if you did they work fast :)

Yeah i did pick the build option. I was thinking that would hold it up a bit. Very impressed with them so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

I was going to use online banking to do this, now this is probably a stupid question:o but the first box you have to fill in is "Name of Person or Company" What goes in here??

In the e-mail they send they have a bank and then Remittee "Hardwareversand.de GmbH"

I never used the online banking for something like this and don't want to make a balls of it...I take it you put in the bank and then the remittee account relates to hardwareversand...yea?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Theres only 3 important fields to fill in; IBAN, SWIFT, Indended use. The SWIFT and IBAN should be fairly straightforward and just put the indended use number in when they give you the option to add in details.

The Name of Person field is just for your records, doesn't actually matter at all. Just put in HWVS or hardwareversand or whatever you want.

• Advertisement

deconduo wrote: »
    Theres only 3 important fields to fill in; IBAN, SWIFT, Indended use. The SWIFT and IBAN should be fairly straightforward and just put the indended use number in when they give you the option to add in details.

The Name of Person field is just for your records, doesn't actually matter at all. Just put in HWVS or hardwareversand or whatever you want.
    Ah right, IBAN, SWIFT and Indended use must go in on page 2 so, I didn't want to hit next incase I ended up committed to wrong details.

Thanks.

I've another question, what's the confirmhelper.gif that they send in the email about? It's just a black dot?

I have no idea what that is. I dont recall seeing it. On boi online there was no place to put the intended use code. Instead there is a message for beneficiary or something like that. I put my order number there instead and it went through grand. On another note my dhl tracking number isnt working so i dont know where my order is! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭omerin

I have no idea what that is. I dont recall seeing it. On boi online there was no place to put the intended use code. Instead there is a message for beneficiary or something like that. I put my order number there instead and it went through grand. On another note my dhl tracking number isnt working so i dont know where my order is! :(

It will be An Post who will deliver it, not DHL in Ireland. DHL collect it in Germany and ship to Ireland only. You could try http://www.dhl.de/en.html

Yeah i used dhl.de as was prompted in my confirmation email but it just wont accept the numbers. Oh well itd prob drive me demented checking it every hour anyways :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭weisses

Just forget about those bloody tracking numbers ... they are useless ... i ordered dozens of items over the years and they were never accurate (up to date) just be patient (no need to start camping on the postman's property) :D

Ah ****e i better bring that tent back to the shop so!

How long does it usually take for Hvws to deliver?

From what i hear it seems to be about 3 to 5 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Yeah i used dhl.de as was prompted in my confirmation email but it just wont accept the numbers. Oh well itd prob drive me demented checking it every hour anyways :)

you right.. guess how often I m checking now.. especially when it says:

"Mon, 08.08.11 02:42h
    The shipment is being transported to the destination country"
    Do you know if they transport it by trucks or planes? :D

• Advertisement

Ha! Mine was sent the same time. My DHL tracker is working now. Looks like it's gonna be a race! :D
    I got two codes for my order, worryingly one is at 20% and the other at 60% :S

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Made my fist order with HWVS today, the waiting begins

Ha! Mine was sent the same time. My DHL tracker is working now. Looks like it's gonna be a race! :D
    I got two codes for my order, worryingly one is at 20% and the other at 60% :S

Both of mine are at 60% and the next step is delivery. Hopefully today :D

Arg mine are both still at 60%. Best of luck! Hope you get it soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

if its in Ireland, it'll show up on An Post website and you can track it from there using the same tracking numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Avose

I was just reading over this to see how long postage times are, but now im interested to see who wins the race XD

Im still not ordering for another month or so... funds must be gathered and collected, but i still cant wait! As a matter of interest, what kind of PC did you guys build? high end? and what case? :D

Thanks!You to! Havent recieced it yet :/ Maybe today..
    Avose wrote: »
    I was just reading over this to see how long postage times are, but now im interested to see who wins the race XD

Im still not ordering for another month or so... funds must be gathered and collected, but i still cant wait! As a matter of interest, what kind of PC did you guys build? high end? and what case? :D

This is my build:
    Total build cost: €673.14 + €30 shipping
    Xigmatek Asgard III Midi Tower - black, ohne Netzteil €32.63
    Samsung SH-222AB bare schwarz SATA €17.00
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W €52.60
    ASRock P67 Pro3 (B3), Sockel 1155, ATX €84.65
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155 €175.58
    4GB-Kit Kingston ValueRAM PC3-10667U CL9 €21.41
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB, SATA II (HD502HJ) €33.59
    ASUS EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5, AMD Radeon HD 6870, 1GB, PCI- Express €144.51
    BenQ G2220HD €111.17

I got this for Bf3 . Should to the job :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭Polar101

The last time I ordered, I paid on BOI Online on a Thursday, HWVS got the money on the same Friday and shipped the items the same day. DHL.de updated to "shipping to destination country" on Sunday morning. An Post got my stuff on Wednesday, and I received it on Thursday, so it took exactly one week from the day I sent my payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

i got mine 6 days after sending money i think.

• Advertisement

Ok it arrived in Ireland this morning! Is it too much to expect it at my house tomorrow?

Advertisement