Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hwvs question

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Asmodean wrote: »
    Ok it arrived in Ireland this morning! Is it too much to expect it at my house tomorrow?

Im expecting mine tomorow :D But I havent seen my postman in a 3 days (im expecting other mail since Tuesday) sooo I might be waiting a little while longer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Where abouts are you located dazza? I just checked the delivery address and hwvs mixed it up a bit. They have the house number at the end. Should be xx tara grove, mervue. But they put it in as tara grove, mervue xx.

Where abouts are you located dazza? I just checked the delivery address and hwvs mixed it up a bit. They have the house number at the end. Should be xx tara grove, mervue. But they put it in as tara grove, mervue xx.

Im on the south coast of Ireland , right next to the sea :P
    Did they not copy the address you entered into their site?
    Where can you see which address they sent it to?

Yeah it was the same address I entered but on HWVs's site what I thought was the street number seems to be a post code type thing. I emailed an post anyway to clarify the address and gave them my tracking numbers. I'm sure it isn't as big a deal as i am making it out to be anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 whats this for?

blobby360 wrote: »
    Did you pick the build option because if you did they work fast :)
    Did they do a good job of building your computer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    if its in Ireland, it'll show up on An Post website and you can track it from there using the same tracking numbers.

http://track.anpost.ie/track/listing.asp

I can see my 2 packages here since yesterday.. and it says "Location PORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS" - should be today in Dublin right?

cmooon

http://youtu.be/ya5-EOTn6w8

p.s. why this YOUTUBE wrapping is not working for me to embed it into post?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

freestyla wrote: »

http://track.anpost.ie/track/listing.asp

I can see my 2 packages here since yesterday.. and it says "Location PORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS" - should be today in Dublin right?

cmooon

http://youtu.be/ya5-EOTn6w8

p.s. why this YOUTUBE wrapping is not working for me to embed it into post?

you take the last string of characters only and wrap them, in the case of your clip its "ya5-EOTn6w8"

Just got a text from the missus. It arrived this morning around 9. Gonna be the longest work day ever!

Just got a text from the missus. It arrived this morning around 9. Gonna be the longest work day ever!

Maybe today , hopefully :D

Dazza wrote: »

Maybe today , hopefully :D

Git it an hour ago :D The box with the PC was Hudge :?
    Waiting for windows to install atm :D

• Advertisement

Wahey! Just heading home now to salivate over it. Was it put together okay? Howd u get on installing the gpu?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Wahey! Just heading home now to salivate over it. Was it put together okay? Howd u get on installing the gpu?
    Just wondering how well it was put together because I'll be ordering mine soon and wanted to know what the did and didn't they install ....... Also make sure you wear a bib because saliva will kill a pc (:

Jesus well impressed! Didnt have to do a thing other than literally plug it in. The whole thing was entirely put together! They just left the empty mobo box and had put all the discs, manuals etc in it. Word of warning though make sure you have a couple of two pin plug adaptors handy as they ship with the german style plugs. I installed windows and all the drivers with no problem. The ssd is savage. The windows logo at bootup doesnt even have a chance to make much of an appearance it boots up so quickly! As a first time buyer from hwvs i have to give them two massive thumbs up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Jesus well impressed! Didnt have to do a thing other than literally plug it in. The whole thing was entirely put together! They just left the empty mobo box and had put all the discs, manuals etc in it. Word of warning though make sure you have a couple of two pin plug adaptors handy as they ship with the german style plugs. I installed windows and all the drivers with no problem. The ssd is savage. The windows logo at bootup doesnt even have a chance to make much of an appearance it boots up so quickly! As a first time buyer from hwvs i have to give them two massive thumbs up!
    Glad to see everything worked out also glad they built it well. I'll have a look on amazon for a adaptor ..... Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Thanks for the report, no one else seems to have ever posted their experiences with getting HWVS to build a machine.

Also, you could probably just use a different flex plugged into the PSU rather than an adaptor?

+1
    I didnt have do a thing but plug them in and install windows. :DDDD
    Im delighted. They left all the manuals etc in one box.
    :)

Yeah id imagine you could use a different flex alright, the only problem is with my wireless adapter. It keeps disconnecting and the download speeds are all over the shop! Tried reinstalling the drivers again but i dont know what else to try.

(edit) I'm such a tool. I was rotting around the box and I found the wireless antenna, which I hadn't plugged into the back of the case. Doh! Getting my nice 2mb/s speeds again now thank god!

Yeah id imagine you could use a different flex alright, the only problem is with my wireless adapter. It keeps disconnecting and the download speeds are all over the shop! Tried reinstalling the drivers again but i dont know what else to try

I had a problem with a wireless card I bought one that plugs into a PCI. It connected to the network but said limited access so im not using an adapter and its working ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

They just left the empty mobo box and had put all the discs, manuals etc in it.

Did they leave you with leftover screws and cables?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Pics lads!!!

My delivery is at 60% on DHL at the moment hope to have it early next week

• Advertisement

I'll post up a few pics later when i get home. Yeah they left a heap of spare screws and cables in the box.
    The wireless adapter is perfect now. 2mbps download speed on steam. Had crysis downloaded in forty minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Velvety

When you're installing windows from the boot up is everything in german?

If you install a German disc you get German. Only ultimate version supports complete language change.
    You can download an English disc image and buy the German version, then use the key from the German version with your English disc. This is often cheaper than just buying the English disc from hardwareversand. Note that you are buying the license or key, so downloading an image is not illegal as it will only give you a trial without entering a key.

You can get hardwareversand to install windows for you, but they charge €30, which I don't think is really worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Velvety

Sorry I meant the black and white screen of text you see before you have windows installed on a computer. Is it called the BIOS?

When I'm looking to choose the option to "boot from CD" will that be in English if my windows CD is English?

BIOS is nearly always in English. On the rare occasions when it isn't, you will normally have an option to change it or you could get an English BIOS. For most mainstream motherboards, you'll be buying the same thing here as anywhere. They include a manual with a load of languages to save them from creating different editions.

Advertisement