Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing / replacing network card ?

Options
  • 06-08-2011 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey folks - I've had a dell inspiron 1520 laptop for a while now, and about a year or so about the internal wireless just went. It would randomly work, but over all wouldn't and when it did it would lose signal. I subsequently disabled the device, Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG network card, and purchased a wireless dongle from belkin as I didn't have time to muck about with hardware problems when thesis was due.

Now Im heading to Oz, and I'd like to get the interal wifi working again, as it just makes life easier. So my questions is does anyone have any idea if the card can be fixed or replaced ? All advice welcome... anyone with any idea of why it spazzed out please also do tell!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

I have a Dell 1390 wireless card (from a Dell 1501) It has the same mobo connector so should work without any problems. You'd need the correct driver fro Dell's website though. Contact me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

i have a dell vostro 1500 - had the same problem and was reluctant to go down the replacement route as i wasn't sure - in the end i bought a replacement on ebay for a tenner - popped it in easily and away it went - thought to myself i should have done that ages ago ....... if you are unsure about how to replace it just use google and you should find a guide fairly easy .......

• Registered Users Posts: 33 drg85

Cheers! Sorry about delay, was abroad for a spell!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

Have a broken Dell 1520 with a WLAN card. €10 posted (via Paypal) for the card. Let me know if interested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement