Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Android phone to play videos on the TV

Options
  • 06-08-2011 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

I've come across an app called imediashare which will let me play videos from my NAS on my TV.... but it can't connect to my TV.

This is because my TV isn't networked and I'm wondering if there is a gadget available that will let me network my TV.

The app needs a DNLA player to stream to (here's the FAQ http://www.imediashare.tv/support#).

I can imagine a small box that would take an ethernet cable from my network and plug into the HDMI port of the TV. Analogous to a USB print server. I've been looking, but can't find.

Does such a thing exist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yes it does, go to www.amazon.co.uk and search for 'media players' in Computers and Accesories.

You are looking for a media player which does not have a hard drive, such a device will allow you to connect a USB hard drive and/or have a network connection to connect to your home network.

In your case you need a media player with a network connection i.e. an Ethernet port to allow it to talk to your NAS drive.

Advertisement