Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very small teeny CAO question...

• 06-08-2011 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Soo yea...I reapplied through the CAO as a late applicant (1st year UCC). Only reason I did that was because I wasnt sure about passing my repeats. So question is...can I accept the course I get on the CAO and then turn it down two weeks later if I pass my repeats? May seem like a stupid question but just being 100% sure :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Yeah you can decline the course before registration! My friend accepted a course last year but then turned it down before she registered because she wanted to repeat and do a course with higher points. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Soo yea...I reapplied through the CAO as a late applicant (1st year UCC). Only reason I did that was because I wasnt sure about passing my repeats. So question is...can I accept the course I get on the CAO and then turn it down two weeks later if I pass my repeats? May seem like a stupid question but just being 100% sure :)

Thanks!

Be very careful with this, I don't think you can. From what I've heard before, if you accept a course you're offered, whatever course you're on is basically cancelled. I think you should email the CAO before the big rush after the offers, and ask them what the procedure is.

What Noel is talking about is if you weren't in any other course in the first place (first time applicant), his friend must have been straight out from LC as they wanted to repeat.

Advertisement