Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband issue Newbridge

Options
  • 06-08-2011 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

I got Eircom broadband in my house about 4 weeks ago, but ever since then the DSL connection has been up and down, sometimes dropping (like now) for a day or more at a time. I've tried the standard turning off and on again approach, and will call them this afternoon as I am beginning to get incredibly censored off with this level of service. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there some magic setting on the router that I have missed? Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Gonzo_Reporter

delta36 wrote: »
    I got Eircom broadband in my house about 4 weeks ago, but ever since then the DSL connection has been up and down, sometimes dropping (like now) for a day or more at a time. I've tried the standard turning off and on again approach, and will call them this afternoon as I am beginning to get incredibly censored off with this level of service. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there some magic setting on the router that I have missed? Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Similar problem out here in greystones. Rang Eircom on Friday got an automated message saying the was a problem in my area (they didnt mention what was wrong though) and they were trying to fix It. I've no dsl connection at all I'm on my phone now. It's very very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Gonzo_Reporter

I just rang the helpline just there and he solved my problem very fast so its a thumbs up for Eircom this time! I recommend you ring them as the Eircom Reps wont be on here till tomorrow and the helpline is surprisingly open till 6pm tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Hey, thanks for writing back Gonzo, had you not said you found the helpline good, I would probably have put off calling them for a few more days. But I called them earlier, they got me to plug just the modem into the socket, and asked me to call back in an hour as they tested the line. It still wasn't working so I called back, they then said they were going to change some settings for the line and a few minutes later my internet was back up and running.
    I must say, while I was of course unhappy with the interruption to internet, the helpline was indeed quite useful, they seem to know their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

delta36 wrote: »
    Hey, thanks for writing back Gonzo, had you not said you found the helpline good, I would probably have put off calling them for a few more days. But I called them earlier, they got me to plug just the modem into the socket, and asked me to call back in an hour as they tested the line. It still wasn't working so I called back, they then said they were going to change some settings for the line and a few minutes later my internet was back up and running.
    I must say, while I was of course unhappy with the interruption to internet, the helpline was indeed quite useful, they seem to know their stuff.

Thanks Guys, delta36 and Gonzo_Reporter,

Glad to hear you found the Help Desk good & efficient and that they were able to resolve your connection problem.

Pleased also that you found it a surprize that the help desk was open at 6pm on Saturday. In fact, if you didn't know alreay, eircom provide Technical support through out the weekend.

Actually, I think they are one of the very few that provide a full out of business hours, customer support. "I can't sing their praises more and I have always found these guys, in particular, very professional and know their stuff ("when I need to call into them")

eircom Technical Broadband Support is open 7 days a week Monday through to Sunday 8am to 10pm

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support,

I know the guys on the Technical Support team will appreciate your comments.

Thanks again
    Ant

Advertisement