Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rook Piercing Help!

Options
  • 06-08-2011 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi I got my rook pierced 3 days ago and its all hot, red and swollen and its throbbing. I have to take ibprofen for the pain. Is this normal? My aunt is a nurse and without looking at it said its infected and should be taken out. She said that the cartiledge should never be pierced there.

Is there anything i can do or is the redness and heat normal. I dont wanna lose my new piercing :( My friend got hers done too by the same piercer and its the same!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Could you go back to where you got it pierced and ask them to have a look at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I got mine done about 2 weeks ago and its been really fine! My piercer told me to run it under a cool shower for the first few days so that the swelling will go down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Hi I got my rook pierced 3 days ago and its all hot, red and swollen and its throbbing. I have to take ibprofen for the pain. Is this normal? My aunt is a nurse and without looking at it said its infected and should be taken out. She said that the cartiledge should never be pierced there.

Is there anything i can do or is the redness and heat normal. I dont wanna lose my new piercing :( My friend got hers done too by the same piercer and its the same!

Mine healed in no time at all. Have you other cartilage piercings to compare with? Everyone reacts differently to piercings but it does sound like it is infected or like you caught it and tugged it, thus irritating it.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Notorious P.I.G

aww thanks for the advice but we BOTH had to take them out . .Im gonna blame the piercer for this and not our crappy not healing ears!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Thats mad! Been a month since I had mine and not an ounce of trouble with it. First ear piercing I ever got that didn't get infected. Be able to go back soon to get a shorter bar put in and everything.

Could go to a different piercer and get it redone I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

aww thanks for the advice but we BOTH had to take them out . .Im gonna blame the piercer for this and not our crappy not healing ears!! :P
    Does sound like it was possibly infected, but hard to know for sure. What kind of aftercare did you use?

Advertisement