Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me catch a criminal!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

dlofnep wrote: »
    I won't be claiming off my insurance - I can't afford to lose my no claims bonus. I will have to scrap the car if the damage is anymore than a few hundred as I don't have any money. Those few hundred are supposed to be for medical costs!

Well I hope you track the guy down, I really do, I just think you'll be facing an uphill struggle unless the cops take it seriously. I think your best hope, bizarrely, may be if the car was reported stolen as they should then be able to put 2+2 together. Even if you find a silver Audi with suspicious damage, as any cop will tell you, it's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

You may want to advise your insurance company of the incident but inform them that you will not be making a claim at this point, just in case you change your mind.

Sorry to hear you've been ill, this really isn't what anyone sick needs.

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭1971

The car/driver was on that street for areason, find the reason find the car.
    would it be a taxi dropping off some one?
    where they joy riders?
    try and work out the side of the audi that hit your car!,the more information you give to the garda the more likely they will findit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I was thinking they might have dropped someone home but none of the neighbours seem to know. Doubt it was a taxi - a new audi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,665 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got jumped on my way home last night.i live in mayors walk, was coming up castle street at about 2.45am and jumped by the back of mullanes pub. 100 euro robbed and my phone. happy to be alive though lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

PTH2009 wrote: »
    got jumped on my way home last night.i live in mayors walk, was coming up castle street at about 2.45am and jumped by the back of mullanes pub. 100 euro robbed and my phone. happy to be alive though lol
    Christ :eek:
    Heard there was a shocking amount of scum around last night actually

• Advertisement

Mega Chin wrote: »
    Christ :eek:
    Heard there was a shocking amount of scum around last night actually[/QUO

he also took a bank statement out of my wallet so im scwred. all my numbers are gone, ****ing bastard.

the cops done nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

he also took a bank statement out of my wallet so im scwred. all my numbers are gone, ****ing bastard.

the cops done nothing
    That shouldn't be a problem, go into the bank and tell them, get the card stopped and a new one issued.

Some scumbags in this town :( Sorry to hear mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

I was thinking they might have dropped someone home but none of the neighbours seem to know. Doubt it was a taxi - a new audi?

Was there anyone having a party in their house that night or a lot more cars parked up than usual?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Also if it's a brand new Audi they could get it fixed where they bought eg. If it was a D reg just bring it back to the dealer in Dublin.

Needle in a hay stack really but best of luck with it and hope you get sorted with it!!

• Advertisement

Some scumbags in this town :( Sorry to hear mate.

still in some shock from it. have no way of contacing some of my friends :(. took the phone money the lot.

It could of been worse, could be lying in a coffin now lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

still in some shock from it. have no way of contacing some of my friends :(. took the phone money the lot.

It could of been worse, could be lying in a coffin now lol

Was there many of them? hope you didnt get to bust up. the fookers.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Was there many of them? hope you didnt get to bust up. the fookers.

it was only one guy on his own. could of been worse

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

it was only one guy on his own. could of been worse

Geez, next time I come over I'm gonna have to bring my little friend roscoe with me for company and security. Feckin city sounds like the wild wild west!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Don't worry - you won't have to foot the bill.

Claim from the insurance bureau - mibi.ie

Don't think he can claim from MIBI,

It is not always possible to claim compensation for vehicle or property damage under the MIBI compensation scheme.  Where the offending vehicle is not identified there is no provision in the 1988 or the 2004 MIBI Agreements to recover losses for vehicle or property damage.  The 2009 Agreement introduced compensation for vehicle or property damage against an unidentified vehicle where there are significant personal injuries arising from the same accident.  See clause 7 of the 2009 agreement for comprehensive details off the scheme for Property Damage compensation  

http://www.mibi.ie/uninsured-unidentifi.html

http://www.mibi.ie/fileadmin/documents/members_site/mibi_agreements/Signed_MIBI_Agreement_29_Jan_09.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

No update on this, dlofnep?

Nah, never caught him. Had to pay out of my own pocket :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Nah, never caught him. Had to pay out of my own pocket :(
    That's ****e man, sorry to hear that. Hope it didn't cost too much.

Couple of hundred, and I have still yet to buy a new wheel :( Using the spare at the moment. Fiat were looking for 115 for one, I told em to feck off and have been looking in scrapyards since..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Try a tyre provider that isn't your dealer? Samri Tyres in the Six Cross Business Park are generally very cheap

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Try a tyre provider that isn't your dealer? Samri Tyres in the Six Cross Business Park are generally very cheap

The tire is fine - It's the actual wheel itself that was damaged. So I have to replace the wheel, which tire centres won't have. Have to source it from a scrapyard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,337 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

what kind of wheel is it?

what kind of wheel is it?

Fiat Panda, with 4 nuts. Just standard wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

Heres a list of pandas being broken
    Mcbrides have a few listed
    http://www.partfinder.ie/cgi-bin/scripts/search.pl

Advertisement