Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another UPC thread.

• 06-08-2011 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed in the last week or so my torrent speeds have dropped to nearly a quarter of what it used to be.

I'm on the 25MB line and connected wirelessly so I'm not expecting to get the full speed but just did a test and this is the result.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

1420078492.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

chin_grin wrote: »
    I've noticed in the last week or so my torrent speeds have dropped to nearly a quarter of what it used to be.

I'm on the 25MB line and connected wirelessly so I'm not expecting to get the full speed but just did a test and this is the result.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

1420078492.png

If you want to test your speed you will need to use a wired connection.

Wireless is too variable, it could be interference or a neighbour is using the same channel as you meaning you won't get "full" speed on your wireless connection.

Try again with a wired connection and use the Dublin server.

Also torrents are very variable, depends on the speed of the seeder, so can't be used to measure your throughput.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There is a torrent thread for configuration information, if that is what you need. Torrent speeds will not be an indication of actual line speed, and wireless certainly won't help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement