Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USIT Australian Sim Card

Options
  • 06-08-2011 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Anyone have any idea what network the sim cards USIT are selling for Oz are on? They don't seem to have any info about it on their website!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

A sim card costs $2 so you can just pick up one when you get here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

s.c wrote: »
    A sim card costs $2 so you can just pick up one when you get here anyway.

+1

Don't bother getting it off USIT. Wait until you get here and grab one for pretty much nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭blondie82

The ones you get from USIT are for Virgin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

FYI Virgin piggyback on optus

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

The ones usit supply are crap, its with Virgin, you have to ring about 3 different numbers to activate it, waste of time.

You can get sim cards here for a few dollars and work away. Optus are a pretty good network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭emfitz

They use the Virgin network, I still use the sim almost a year later, great for ringing home, if you buy the international credit it is soo cheap compared to all the other networks rates!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I have no issues with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Zambia wrote: »
    I have no issues with Vodafone.

Yeah I've been looking up Vodafone. Have a smart phone that I'm taking with me and their $50 per month pre pay option seems pretty good!

Advertisement